Ford's pricing has gone nuts

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Judd Quarles

Reaction score
Well, I am sure glad to see that Ford's prices are going down. But get this! I went with my mother while she car shopped today. Her Ford dealer had an 06 Explorer XLT, with the cloth seats and all, with a window sticker of $30,835. Right next to it is an 07 Eddie Bauer with leather seats with suede inserts for a window sticker of $30,760. I don't know what the current rebates are, but the 06 rebates better be high in cases like this.

And...the same dealer still has a new 05 Mountaineer...I have no idea what kind of a deal it would be.

And...an 07 Trac, similar but better equipped than my 05 is about $1400 less

Just thought this was interesting info to share.

No, it may not have been completely loaded but my point is that it was better equipped than the more expensive 2006 XLT sitting right next to it.

I found the sticker prices on some new 2007 Explorer XLTs to be $25,995. That's at least $2000 less than in the Summer of 2005 when I was looking at one for myself.

After looking at new trucks the last few weeks, I've seen the same thing, best explination that I got was, Ford priced down the 07's so they didn't have to offer the big incentives to move vehicles... If you get xplan, and the rebates plus a good intrest rate, I'd take the 06 over and 07, unless they made some real good deal for an 07 which I don't see happening at this point...

Latest posts