Fords made in US

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Geist

Reaction score
Does anyone know how much of Ford's vehicles are made in the US? I'm talking parts and assembly. I'm in a strategic technology grad class and the topic came up...and wanted to educate a few that have been talking about it.

IIRC, yes. It is required by law to state where the engine, tranny, and percentage of domestic goods used to produce the vehicle.

Tom

It's printed on the Window sticker.

<a href="http://www.usstuff.com/cars.htm" target="top">This</a> site should help you, and open your eyes. Even though it only lists American cars and not Imports as far as parts content, but doesn't matter since your only looking for Fords.

I find it funny that the site splits the cars down so much, where sometimes the only difference is trim level, and drive type. Probably to fluff up the numbers, but who knows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, the engine is made in Koeln, Germany by Ford Motor Company. The tranny is made in Bordeux, France by Ford Motor Company. The world headquarters of Ford Motor Company is in Dearborn, Michigan.

Tom

(I bet I spelled Bordeux wrong, but then again, I don't speak French, but Koeln is the correct spelling for Cologne, Germany with a computer withut the O umlauts key)