*##* Ford

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Ape. Tried several internet sites. I found it for almost half the price but shipping was $8 -$10.

You obviously did not read my post above. I don't care about Toyota of Honda. I drive an American made and built Ford and expect to be able to get parts for it. Excuse me if that's asking to much.

Honda and Toyota are American-made and built. What is the beef?

Honda and Toyota are American-made and built. What is the beef?

Hmm, so why buy American?

I would expect this from a foreign owned company but not Ford. My whole point of the rant was that Ford is hurting real bad and I would think customer service would be a priority.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, so why buy American?

I would expect this from a foreign owned company but not Ford. My whole point of the rant was that Ford is hurting real bad and I would think customer service would be a priority.

Some things never change......it's a vicious cycle!

Come on - it's a given fact for at least the last 30 years that the dealer prices for retail parts are too expensive and you can always find them cheaper at retailers such as AutoZone or NAPA.

If it was a Toyota Bolt it would be 32.00 for four. They love their parts and price them so.

It's a simple bolt that you can find at Lowes or Home Depot.

However, what I find ironic is that you spent all this time trying to find one and save yourself spending 16.00 on four from the dealer. The time, the gas and the frustration would of been well worth 16.00 in my case. Wasting an hour cost me 85.00 an hour.

Haven't wasted any time at all. Doing all this at work. On the brighter side, I just talked to a dealer not far from where I work that is willing to order the bolts and sell me just one at an even cheaper price ($2.34). Some times it just doesn't pay to support the dealer where I bought the ST from. This other dealer will be getting my business now.

Again, it isn't the money. I just don't like getting the shaft from people/companies. Seems way to many people consider this just a fact of life living in America.

TomT - I had the same thing happen with the molded mud flaps. I ripped one off, so I went to a nearby dealer (in another town) and they told me I could only buy them in sets of four. I went to my dealer when I got home and they gave me one for free. I think this is more of a dealer issue.

After shopping around I agree. Ford DOES only sell them in sets of 4 but I found a dealer nice enough to order them for me and keep the rest in their stock.

Latest posts