Ford Trucks: Ford F-150 SVT Raptor orders exceed expectations

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ford F-150 SVT Raptor Orders Exceed Expectations - PickupTrucks.com News

news.pickuptrucks.com

Ford has received nearly 5,500 orders for the new 2010 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor (please see our recent road test) since the truck went on sale late last year. The volume is over original projections for the Baja-style off-road pickup.

This truck is definitely <I>not</I> my cup of tea (I'll keep my 7-year-old Lightning), but it's nice to see that SVT is doing <I>something</I> again. Maybe this will give SVT the boost (no pun intended) and cash flow that they need to get back in the game.

Went to the Houston Auto Show and saw one there. Spent a few minutes talking with the Ford rep there. He said the truck is actually wider than stock by 7 inches to get the stance they needed for off-road. And the fox shocks are $6,000 a set. So there's about 25% of the price increase over a stock F150!

I downloaded the F-15 Raptor Born in Baja movie. The movie's definately got some Ford push behind it being a Ford product and all, but it is interesting to see how a semi-stock truck can endure the Baja run and come up with such a good finish (I won't spoil it by saying what they finished). I've seen a few Raptors in town and I like the mean look they have....Having an SVT badge also helps emphasis the power involved.

Sorry but that Ford rep lied to about those Fox shocks costing 6k. He was trying to justify the price. I think the truck is cool and would own it in a heart beat.

Chad, I also think the over emphasized on the price of the shocks, but those are some nice shocks. Except, if they wore out and you would have to replace them.

Other than that, that is one nice truck, I've seen it in person and wanted to drive it soo bad.

there are 3 Raptors on the road in the area i live in. they look awesome to me. myself and my friends tend to say the same. pretty cool truck if you ask me.

The cool thing about Fox shocks is you just rebuild them. You will have to find someone with a nitrogen tank though.

Welding supply shops can supply a tank full of nitrogen. We got one with an attachment for use with air tools during our Formula SAE runs back in college. Lasted all day long.

We've sold several of them here. We have a blue one on the lot right now. I am kind of surprised it is still here. They have been selling almost as soon as they come off the transport. Wish I could retrofit some of the stuff on it to a 2007.

I think it defenitly needs a bigger( more powerful ) engine though. I was reading the stats on it today and it's kinda sluggish and only 310hp for a truck that weighs 3 tons isn't that much. I think the front stance was 86.5" wide and the rear was 74"'s, that's a difference in width boy but it's based from a prerunner setup. I like the truck, saw on last summer at the Starlite Cruise in Wexford, Pa..

Latest posts