ford transit connect..... pretty cool !

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary s

Reaction score
finally got the new transit connect demo from ford. it is so popular there was a long list waiting.

so far, the 75 miles combo city/hwy driving have been impressive. enough accel for the 2.0 L / I4 duratec, plenty of room for a small business (especially height), car like ride & nice standard features.

this demo has the "crew chief-ford work solutions" config in the cargo area. there are shelves & drawers built in to the racks. other options are RCS, reverse sensors, bluetooth, DRL's, remote start & splash gaurds.

MSRP is $25,265. and EPA is 22 city/25 hwy.

imo, a nice vehicle for a small company and other configs are available or just plain cargo. some of the options are not needed for a "work" van, so the msrp can be reduced if needed.

if you do not need the size of an E-150, this works as well as getting good mpg for a van.

also, there are nice standard features that you normally would not see in a "work" van as well as side airbags. sliding doors on both sides are convienent for access.

my ford rep told me that they are offering a $1500. fleet incentive. pretty darn good.

i think ford hit a home run with this as i am seeing more & more of these on the road.

some pics:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually I'm quite impressed with the cabin layout. I haven't seen the interior before.

Is there an option for another couple bucket seats in the back? I'm wondering how useful a Transit Connect might be for a traveling band with 5 members and a good bunch of equipment. Right now I can take all of our equipment in my Trac (the majority in the bed + drums on the folded rear bench). Would all that equipment fit in the cargo area?

I'd probably better off getting a trailer hmmm.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125357990638429655.html

Here's a link to an interesting article in the Wall Street Journal last year regarding what Ford has to go through in importing the vehicle. By classifying it as a passenger vehicle they pay a 2.5% tariff verses a 25% tariff on a commercial vehicle. A five minute process converts it to a commercial vehicle at a cost of a few hundred dollars saving a few thousand on the tariff. Sounds like Ford had a better idea.

shaun,

not sure if it has other seating capacity. as far as the equipment, i am sure it would fit well.

i will check for you, as i am probably going to get one for my fleet.

ron,

very interesting

MPGs annihilate those of the ST, sadly.

What's weird is that the article says they're offloaded in B'more, yet I don't think I've seen one. Only old-school Ford vans and the fugly and dangerous-looking Sprinter. I'll have to seek one out, considering that I can literally see the city from where I spend most of my time.

Sadly, I don't think that with 5 seats it'd have more usable space than the ST, but I've been wrong before. Maybe a shelf mid-height in the cargo space would work....

If I had one, I'd deck it out like the A-Team van..though with FWD it just wouldn't be the same....

(Still think its one of the best american tv theme songs...)

I don't think that with 5 seats it'd have more usable space than the ST

From the looks of Gary's picture of the cargo area, I'd have to agree with that statement.

i will check for you, as i am probably going to get one for my fleet.

I don't think that is necessary Gary, but thanks for offering. The article that RonD posted makes it quite obvious that the Transit Connect does, infact, come with a rear passenger option.

I have to admit that it peaked my interest, but I doubt that I'll be seriously considering the purchase of another vehicle any time soon... (knock on wood!)

Latest posts