Ford to Chevrolet

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Smith

Reaction score
Traded:(

[Broken External Image]::wub:

Will miss the ST, Had it for one year, traded at 6650 miles.

Just bought 2006 HHR Limited Spring Edition

Special Color, (Victory Red) Special Wheels (16 inch Chrome rims), Special two tone leather, Special stripe.

2.4 L, double over cam 16 value 172 horse power 23 mpg city 30 mpg highway

I got 28.8 the first 300 miles. The 2.4L is quick, it will throw you back in your seat, Car and Driver Magazine wrote that 0-60 and the 1/4 mile it blew away the V-6 in the Equinox.

Pioneer 7 speaker 260 watts with a rear sub woofer, MP3, XM Satellite Radio, Aux plug in for I-Pod.

Sunroof, front passenger seat and back seats fold flat for more cargo room.

Power everything.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Probably drive a year and then go back to the New ST, depends on gas prices.

I will still hang around the site, also have joined a HHR site. It is OK but it sure isn't as good as mysporttrac.com.

Thanks to all who helped me with questions answered.

Oh, and thanks for helping drain my wallet with info and pics on mods.:lol:

I think it was the special red that got to me.:cool:

Mark S

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had a friend of mine do the same thing as you. He had less than 9000 miles on his truck when he traded it in. Ended up about 2000 grand upside down but he want the HHR.

He really likes his. Best of luck to you...

I had put down a large down payment on the Trac when I bought it, so I had 4000.00 in equity in it. Also got 5.9% for 72 months. I could not get them to budge on the price, being it is a Limited Edtion.

Thanks, Coastiejoe

Mark S

IMO that's a nice move. I'm not a big Chevy fan but after renting an HHR for a week (while my lemon Ford Escape Hybrid was in the shop), I *really*liked it. In fact, it was on the top of my list of vehicles I wanted if I could sell my 07 ST (which I got from Ford as a replacement vehicle for my lemon). But after researching things, my husband steered me away from it (mostly only because of resale value - he liked many things about it). But it's now second on my list (to a Honda Element). CONGRATULATIONS - you will love it!

The mods went with the ST, but I have the OEM tail lights and front corning lights, the tie downs from the bed, 1= 2005 ST Ford Shop Manuel and Electrical Manuel. I will sell them at a later date.

Still hanging on to the memories, I guess. Kinda still in shock, I did it.:wacko:

All the vechicles I have ever owned where Ford and G.M., and I wanted to continue with that.

Mark S

I am not a big fan of the PT Crusier v1.o. Why would I like V2.0? Just an overstyled minivan with 4 swing-out doors.

But yours is nice. ;)

MarkS, just looking at your front license plate and noticed that you got it from Friendly Chevrolet. Must be a small world because we also have a Friendly Chrevrolet here in Dallas Texas. Kinfolks? I don't know, but it is an odd thing just to know. Nice ride, and I hope you will come back with a new gen ST. Of course you will have to get it in a Dark Cherry Limited!:)

I love the looks of the HHR. To bad it's a General Motors product and won't last 5 years.

hmmm... we already have a ton of these in our rental fleet, so I can't imagine they are that hard to come by that a dealer wouldn't dicker on the price.

They are quite a bit bigger than a PT Cruiser, but typical GM is about 5 years too late to the party. PT Cruiser sales already on the decline, wonder if there's really a market for the HHR?

hehe GM installs cup holders in the engine bay as you need a place for drinks while working. They figure you'll spend a lot of time there.

Latest posts