Ford SYNC

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i am trying to set up the bluetooth sync system on my STA with my phone... but my phone is a Treo 755P .. ie a Palm based OS SYNC system (Microsoft) doesnt seem to want to work with it... anyone have any expereince with this?

THanks

Oddly enough, out of the 78 new cars I've sold this year, not a single person had a PDA or smartphone that I had to pair with their SYNC equipped vehicle.

Normally all I do is activate their bluetooth. Then I activate the add device sequence on the SYNC equipped vehicle. The phone finds it and then I open the SYNC pairing on their cell phone menu. After that you enter the PIN displayed on the HU of the SYNC equipped vehicle into the cell phone SYNC menu and it should automatically pair the device. From there SYNC will probably tell you to be safe and all that crap. It will ask if you want to download the phonebook. After that you're pretty much done.

I've had some issues with sync on certain model vehicles that I've sold this year. I ended up just working some features in the cell phone and turned certain features off and it ended up working. I guess there are some features in a cell phone that SYNC dislikes! LOL

Other then that pretty much what psycareyo said.

Regards,

Patrick Pierobon

Latest posts