Ford Reports Surprise $1 Billion Profit in Q3

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

:huh: They better cut that out! Or they'll be accused of "windfall" profits and be called before Congress for being too successful.:p

Seriously, this is great news. Just shows what a company can do with good leadership (Alan Mulally & Bill Ford, Jr.) and no gov't interference/bailouts!:cool:

Go Ford Go!!!:banana::D:wub:

Uh, I'm sure Ford was helped just a *little w/ the Cash 4 Clunkers. lol

Cash for Clunkers did not save GM or Chrysler and GM got Billion$ in bail-out money.

I think it's great to see an American automaker who did not take any bail-out money start to turn it around and make a profit. I think a lot of the profit is due to the public support for Ford not taking bail out money. Ford also started reengineering their company about 5 years ago, so they deserve credit for seeing the writing on the walls before GM or Chrysler ever even seen the walls.

...Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
Not surprisingly, the UAW says "no" to contract changes recommended by Ford, changes that would make Ford even more competitive against its subsidized Detroit competitors.

Today's profit announcement by Ford was a nice golden egg. Seems to me that the UAW is ready to kill the golden goose.

TJR

So even though Ford had come to bribing the union members to accept, they STILL didn't do it? Wow. What do these union guys want?

Power? Sadly, they clearly have that.

Money? Ford was bribing them, so they would have had that.

To work for a profitable company? As you said, Ford is working towards that, even though the unions are trying to stop them.

It's like it is their raison d'etre to destroy Ford.

Caymen, you're pro Ford and pro union, and just down the street from Michigan, can you go up there and knock some sense into your comrades? :D

Bonus points to Ford for turning profit this quarter despite the Government, Unions, and people's predisposition to asian cars working against it.

Once again, I am glad I have managed to avoid being conscripted into the unions. Screw them.

Amen. The feds need to take that profit and give it to GM and Chysler. That is evil that Ford is making money while the other two are bleeding and dying.

I hope Obama's Czars see this greedy Ford company and impose some sanctions. If this is allowed to continue, what if other companies are not so dependent on the government?

Gavin, I can see it now, the Obama administration beggin and pleating for Ford to take some of its cash so they can make money, or imposing higher taxes on Ford's vehicles so they'll make some more money.

good news until i read the part about the union sigh.... I am neither Pro or against unions but all they can do is screw things up

...On the cash for clunkers issue... The very pro-industry Japanese have subsidized their companies for competition in the global market for years... Not to say this is good or bad or bashing the Japanese -they do make excellent and sometimes superior products in areas where we have faltered. I just find some of the backlash I have heard lately against cash for clunkers and bailouts interesting when compared to some of the policies the Japanese Gov't has used to help make their industries some of the best in the world. Again not saying that this is all that made their industries great. I just think that this proves that good Gov't policy AND company leadership could turn the tables for American industry... and these ideas are not new to the global market place.

keep on trac'n

-Don D.

Latest posts