Ford reduces Warranty repair cost by $1.2Mil

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troy malone

Reaction score
:banana:

Ford has reduced its worldwide warranty repairs costs by $1.2 billion in the past two years.

- The warranty repair rate for Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles in the U.S. is now almost 50 percent lower than it was in 2004.

- Since 2005, each new model from Ford has consistently delivered better quality than the models they replaced.

Is that because Ford is making their vehicles more reliable, or just ignoring customer complaints and known defects, and just not fixing them under the warranty??

The reason I ask is because over the past few years there have been a lot more complaints about problems that Ford either claimed "They could not duplicate", "That is not covered under the warranty" or Ford simply ignored the problem (The Explorer's Automatic transmission problems to name one real thorn in their side that they choose to ignore or do a cheap fix on)

...Rich

I think the improvements are in new products. The Explorer is ancient. I've had a Fusion for the last 13 months, about 26k miles, and no issues.

Consumer Reports has given Ford much better ratings over the past few years so I do believe Ford has improved the quality of their vehicles. Dodge/Chrysler on the other hand still makes pure crap.

I have found the the "small town" dealer where I live is MORE eager to do warranty work than ever! There is a no questions asked type of attitude.No more hassell or roundabout at all.They are very slow in the service dept. and I think they need the work.

Its one way to avoid a bailout...:banana: Hopefully more consumers will see Ford is making high quatliy cars. I'd like to see Ford #1, GM #2

Consumer Reports has given Ford much better ratings over the past few years so I do believe Ford has improved the quality of their vehicles. Dodge/Chrysler on the other hand still makes pure crap.

I thought Consumer Reports raised the quality report on Dodges recently? Our 2008 Dodge Ram has given us zero problems in 16000 miles, and still runs amazingly quick for a 4.7 liter engine in a 5000 lb truck.

Latest posts