Ford Ranger Wildtrak

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 2014 full size Transit van that will be replacing the Econoline in the US is supposed to be available here with a US certified 3.2L Duratorq turbo diesel in-line 5 cylinder. That is the same engine that is optional in the T6 Ranger. If they can certify it for use in the Transit that is one less excuse for not selling the T6 Ranger in the US.

Count me in as someone looking for a truck, but NOT an F150. Too big! My '08 ST has 96k+ miles so I'm starting to consider alternatives. Not likely I'd buy for another couple years though. Nothing in the Ford inventory that interests me right now. That's a shame.

With the death of the Ranger and the Sport Trac, you'd think the Wild Trak would take both market segment previously occupied by Sport Trac and Ranger thus providing Ford with numbers well in excess of 20000 units. What a great rig. I'll take a Wildtrac with the 3.2 diesel and a six speed any day over the F-150. I've owned full size GM and Ford pickups. Just bought an 09 Sport Trac Adrenalin. What a fine mid sized pickup. I never saw one of these advertised.

:btddhorse:

It's funny to me how many people on here say they don't need or won't buy an F150. Without doing the math, it seems to me most of the people updating on this site with the vehicle they purchased to replace the ST is...gasp...an F150. Maybe Ford knows us better than we know ourselves?

Latest posts