Ford Kit to add Satellite Radio?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gavin Allan

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if there is a Ford "kit" to add satellite radio to my '07 Sport Trac, which has the "audiophile" 6-disc system in it, and an "aux" button on the front?

If there is a kit- a part number and price would be appreciated too!

Thanks

Gavin

You can buy the stuff from Ford but after it is installed I believe the radio needs to be reconfigured with the IDS..not a big deal really but Ford will probably charge you an hour to do it, you could always check local shops to see if any of them have an IDS and you may be able to get it done cheaper. If it were me I would stick to the OE stuff that way it it works in conjunction with the radio. FWIW the factory Sat in my ST is way better than any aftermarket unit that I have had in any car.

i had stock sat in my 07. agree with 1tech, both the sat radio and the ford sound system are awesome.

imo, go with the stock to keep the appearance. i am doing it with my escape. see post below.

How about you send me the audiophole 6 disk mp3 and I send you my 2009 single disk mp3 with Satellite radio.

Works for me.

re: Ford Kit to add Satellite Radio? by Gerry Mac,11/5/2009 18:47 CT

How about you send me the audiophole 6 disk mp3 and I send you my 2009 single disk mp3 with Satellite radio.

Works for me.

Does your system have the subwoofer? Is it high-power/audiophile?

Latest posts