Ford Fusion

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ Lynas

Reaction score
I had a Ford Fusion rental for the last two days. It was a high end model. I can't remember the last time I actually drove a car. At least 4 years. First, it felt like I was 2 inches off the pavement. I once sat in a Dale Earnhardt race car and he had a unique seating position that I really liked. I could almost get the seat adjusted in this Fusion to feel like that. I felt like I was in a closed go kart with A/C and a stereo. It had point and click steering. Handled pretty good and the engine had plenty of power and response. I was pleasantly surprised. The interor lighting made me feel like I was in a night club. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing but one could never miss where his or her drink goes in the console at night.

Ford has a good strategy with the marketing of "Drive One" I have driven a lot of SUV/Trucks in the last 3 years and my ST is still my favorite all time vehicle in the 50 years God has let my heart beat. The Fusion is really pretty nice ride. If I had one, I probably have a lot of speeding tickets. :D

Russ, I know what you mean about the go-kart feeling. My stang was lowered 2". When I would go from the trac to the stang. It would take me a couple of miles before I got comfortable sitting on the ground..:lol:

I have a Fusion..I love the car! Great ride/handling. I have the 4 cylinder (for gas mileage) and it has plenty of power..

I greatly prefer the Milan over the Fusion. I do like the Fusion grill though. If I was going to drive a sedan it would be an AWD Voga Milan or a Lincoln MKZ. I almost bought an MKZ instead of my STA but the bottom line is that nothing has the utility that the ST has.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Mercury (4 cyl )version of the Fusion for 1 year now. Wife and I love it. We liked the looks of the Milan a tad better than the Fusion. Inside they are pretty much identical.

Would buy another if I needed another car.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts