ford five hundred

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthew Runals

Reaction score
So I have seen the ford five hundred on the roads and they look pretty good. I drove one and it handled very well. What have you guys heard about the model? I know some had tranny issues but I'm wondering, if it has the same type setup as the Sport trac, if adjusting the EPC a little would help the problem. The one I tested did not appear to have any issues.

The Five Hundred is now the reborn Taurus. Like the Trac, Ford did not market it very well. The most common things I see in the dealership are A/C work, brakes, and the torque mount that sticks up between the engine and transaxle.

Neighbor across the street. She has the yr before redisigned Taurus badge.

Hers hasbeen trouble free. Thats all I know.

I bought Rose a Ford 500 in April 07. Maxed out,,, it gets 30 mpg on the highway driving 70-71, and 24-26 in town. I love it. It has more room than her Continental had and is just as comfortable. With that being said,,, she has 90K miles and the only problems we have ever had is the A/C and throttle body went out around 88K. This is the best CAR I have ever owned.

[Broken External Image]:

My Grandmother has an '05, the Mercury Montego. So far her only repair has been a leaking power steering hose. Hers is an All Wheel Driver model.

"Our department may get some as Police cars."

FWD is a downside for law enf applications.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Our department may get some as Police cars."

FWD is a downside for law enf applications.

Gary,

The Taurus Police Interceptor (based on the 2010-up Taurus SHO) has AWD as a standard feature.:driving:

look good i hear the rear seat folds down and ya can place a 8 foot 2by 4 in with no problem or 6 bodys in trunk with seats up if your j o b calls for those demensions

seem like tranny issues would have been solved by this day and time

The CVT transmissions were one of the reasons they failed and returned to the Taurus name with going back to a std style 6spd gearbox.

It was never a TSB or offical recall but there were a number of failures of the CVT letting go. My father's went twice in his 2006. Swapped that for a 2010 Taurus and he's been happy since... If you've got a good CVT, it's a gem, if not it never will. The rebuild was only got for 20K and the dealer said that... Like a crystal ball it die again 19,500 miles later!

Latest posts