Ford Edge Rental - Questions

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaun Tucker

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have the pleasure of driving around a Ford Edge until my truck comes back from the body shop. So far I've only had the opportunity to drive it to work, as I just picked it up this morning. But I have a few questions I thought some of you Edge owners would be able to answer. Unfortunately the rental doesn't come with an owner's manual. I guess they don't want you to get confused :huh:

How do you turn on the fog lights?

How do you move the blind-spot mirrors that are in the corner of the regular mirrors?

How do I know when Traction Control is on or off?

Any other little helpful hints or suggestions would be appreciated as well.

So far I really like this vehicle. The difference between a 2003 Sport Trac and a 2008 Ford Edge is quite dramatic, but I look forward to hopping back up into my truck when shes ready. (I can't believe how low to the ground this thing feels!)

Thanks Tom, but the only info on there is for the SYNC system, which is the same manual that is already in the vehicle.

I searched the index, and it seems like this PDF wont answer any of my questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check for a manual for a 2007 or 2009 Edge. I am sure you can find the onformation there.

Tom

shaun t.,

I'll try to answer some of your questions based on how my '08 Taurus functions, assuming that thing things about which you're asking are similar to other Ford products.

1. Fog lights--Turn the headlight knob to either the "Automatic" position if so equipped, or to the parking lights or headlights on position and pull it out to turn on the fog lights.

2. Blind spot mirrors--Can you elaborate on those or post a picture? Are they integrated with the mirror, or "stick-on"?

3. Traction Control--If it's like my Taurus, by default it's on, and the TC "idiot light" will flash on the dash if the system needs to engage to give you better traction. Pushing the "AdvanceTrac

with RSC button" will disengage the traction control system.

Edit: Just found this link to the '07 Edge owner's manual. It should answer most of your questions:D

TrainTrac,

1. PULL OUT! I was confused by the icon of the fog light with a down arrow beside it. :lol: I kept looking near the parking break wondering why the hell they would put a fog light switch down there! :lol: :lol:

2. The blind spot mirrors are integrated into the top corners of the side mirrors. They look adjustable, but I'm not sure because they are behind a plastic covering (I think).

3. This was my assumption, although I wanted to be sure. I thought it was like the O/D light, which is ON when O/D is OFF. An orange light appears when I press the Traction Control OFF button.

Thanks for your responses. They will help me enjoy this vehicle while I have it.

They are indeed nice vehicles. While shopping for a new vehicle for my wife, we test-drove them. She really liked the Edge, but ultimately decided that she really wanted to stay with a sedan, so we bought the Taurus. If I were ever to get rid of my Trac and get a SUV/CUV, I would seriously look at the Edge. For me, it would probably come down to either an Edge, or Escape.

We bought a used Edge from Enterprise last spring and are totally satisfied with the vehicle. Took a trip from St. Louis to far upsate NY this summer, nearly 3,000 total miles. Drove straight through from Watertown, NY to St. Louis, 16 or so hours, and never got tired of riding. By far the most comfortable vehicle I've been in. Oh, about 27 mpg for the trip. Suprised me.

lol which Tom?

So far Im liking the Edge, but its only been a day and I already want my Trac back. I wouldn't trade the Trac for an Edge any day.

Some notes:

1. Seat heaters are a nice luxury.

2. The Sync system is a bit of a pain in the ass when you have an iPod with 7000+ songs on it and no touch screen.

3. I appreciate the larger windows in the ST so much more now.

4. The coloured lighting is pretty cool! I always thought this was a "ricey" thing to do to Honda Civics and stuff, but I liked having the cup holders and storage trays illuminated at night so that I didn't have to turn on the over-head lamps.

5. Leather seats are COLD in the morning!

6. This thing is a big car. I like trucks.

shaun,

ford gave me a fully loaded one when they first came out to use for a month.

i thought it was a nice product from ford and the wife liked it.

but if i was in a market for that type of vehicle, i would go for a murano, just my opin

5. Leather seats are COLD in the morning!

Are they not heated? After having leather with no heat in my 01 ST I vowed to make sure that never happens again, if I have leather I require heat!

Latest posts