Ford Edge "hidden" rebates & incentives?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Troy Micklon

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

We are looking to add a new 2008 Ford Edge to our family to go along with my sport-trac. As such we have started to get pricing from different dealerships. I know that we qualify for the 0%APR + $1000 rebate and the $750 Ford Loyalty rebate.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any other "hidden" rebates or incentives that might exist (unfortunately an AQHA membership needs to be active for 60 days to qualify for that $500 rebate)?

Thanks,

Troy

Troy,

What is the rebate without 0%? As a cost savings to you, consider taking the rebate and get your own financing.

In my own experience, I have found many times 0% intrest is actually more expensive than the intrest is. I know it sounds crazy, but if I would have extended my payments out to the end of the loan I would have saved $700.00 in cash. I paid it off earlier, so I saved even more.

Crunch the numbers. The results MAY suprise you.

Tom

Go online to Ford's Website and order a brochure sent to you (via mail

like your outside mail box in your yard)

Alot of times they have additionl rebates in those brochures.

I work for a dealership in Canada and for 2008 remaining stock these are the incentives.

1. $500 lease to purchase loyalty offer

2. $3,500 delivery allowance for an SEL or $4,000 for a Limited

3. 0% 3yrs, 1.99% 4yrs, 2.99% 5yrs, 4.99% 6yrs (purchase APR)

4. 6.99% lease APR for SEL and Limited for 2yrs, 3yrs and 4yrs

5. Edge qualifies for A/Z/X/D/F Plans if "Pin Number" is provided

6. $750 grad rebate if you qualify

2009 Ford incentives are: (note: Edge is now classified into one category not SEL and Limited for 2009 model year)

1. $500 lease to purchase loyalty offer

2. $2,500 delivery allowance

3. 0% 3yrs, 1.99% 4yrs, 2.99% 5yrs, 4.99% 6yrs (purchase APR)

4. 6.99% lease APR for 2yrs, 3yrs and 4yrs

5. Edge qualifies for A/Z/X/D/F Plans if "Pin Number" is provided

6. $750 grad rebate if you qualify

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Patrick Pierobon

What is the rebate without 0%? As a cost savings to you, consider taking the rebate and get your own financing.

In my own experience, I have found many times 0% intrest is actually more expensive than the intrest is. I know it sounds crazy, but if I would have extended my payments out to the end of the loan I would have saved $700.00 in cash. I paid it off earlier, so I saved even more.

Crunch the numbers. The results MAY suprise you.

Tom]

Thanks Tom. I have been running the numbers. In our case the 0% is the better deal.

Go online to Ford's Website and order a brochure sent to you (via mail

like your outside mail box in your yard)

Alot of times they have additionl rebates in those brochures.

Thanks Bud. Already ordered. Just hasn't shown up yet.

And thanks also to Pat. However those incentives I don't think would make a difference to me since I live in the US.

Caymen,

I don't understand how 0% interest may not be as good as an interest loan.

I was under the impression that every penny I put into the payment goes to the principal of the loan.

Please explain.

Jimmy,

Lets say you finance 10,000 for 0% for 3 years.

Payment is $277.77 month.

Lets say you have a $2,000 rebate with 6% intrest for 3 years. You only finance $8,000.00. Why? Because you are borrowing $10,000 - $2,000 rebate for a total finance ammount of $8,000.

$8,000 financed at 6% is $480.00/year in intrest per year. Simple intrest is $1,440.00. Add the two together. $9,440.00 over three years with a monthy payment of 262.22.

You saved $560.00 by paying intrest because of the rebate.

Make the 0% monthly payment instead of the intrest rate payment and you save even more money.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Generally, if you're paying on it for 60 months 0% is King. Short terms, usually better to take higher APR financing and large rebates.

If you belong to a credit union or can get financing around or under 4.9%, It's possible to beat 0% with the incentive rebates.

The rebates are basically only better than 0% if they are great than the amount of interest generated by the default rate that 0% replaces.

Got it - thanks.

My deal was $2,000 rebate plus 0% for 60 months. 1st time I had a 0% rate and I'm liking it.

Looking for opinions.

After my first offer and the first dealers counter offer they are looking to sell me the following...

New 2008 Edge SEL

Premium Package

Vista sunroof

Power Liftgate

ESP PremiumCard Plus 5yr/100,000/$0deductible

All fees included + lifetime State inspections as long as we own the vehicle.

All for the price of 31,875.

What do you guys think?

Troy,

Email me the VIN number of that vehicle and the name and address, including ZIP code. I will have some information to give you.

Tom