Ford dealers

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Otto

Reaction score
I went to a dealer in Ma. near my house, and it was practically empty. I spoke to general manager to find out what was up. He tells me they were unloading as many cars and trucks off the lot as possible and that they would be keeping very little there. Noting they had no ST's on the lot, I asked why? "They are not selling" he tells me and that they will only keep one sport trac there at any given time and that it was in the showroom. No rear power window on the one inside, so it was not a newer job release. I went home scratching my head until this morning. Having left another dealership at the end of July, I got a call from a tech from there, they layed off the shipperalso the parts driver and the controller quit (he has been holding the place together). Anyone else seeing strange stuff going on with Ford,:( where you are?

That was pretty much the case when I was home on leave. I went to Pundmann Ford in St. Charles MO to test drive, and they only had 2 STs. A white one and a tan one. Both V6 XLTs with solid back windows. They were really helpful, and I test drove one but they just didn't have the stock. They had a full row of the U251 Explorers though. He said they sold a dark cherry V8 just a few days before, but they were in the middle of a slump in deliveries.

Ford has always been able to recover from a slump. Since I've been around I think this slump is about the 3rd or 4th time they "Reorginized".

So everyone either we all have limited editions of ST's or We all will have Classics.

The next 12 months will tell the tale.

;)

Pete

Latest posts