Ford #1 in brand Loyalty

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm NOT over thinking the results, just curious as to why the survey was done and published if it was not beneficial to someone? We can say that we are not influenced by such meaningless surveys, however there are people who may be influenced by the article when make their next automobile selection.

I am thinking the same reason they have been doing surveys like this for as long as I can remember.

It is nothing more than data. It is not proof of reliability. It is not proof of quality. It is just saying that Ford owners are more likely to buy another Ford when it comes time to buy a new vehicle.

Tom

Tom,

You are missing my point.

The data was collected from all 50 state's vehicle resgistrations for the past 10 years. That data is far from free, and there was a lot of cost associated with analyzing all that data. Somebody paid a lot of money for something that we agree, says nothing, proves nothing, and is of no benefit..... Nobody spends that kind of money just to write a news article, unless there is some motivation, or hidden agenda that benefits someone?

I am sure that Car Makers compile such statistics for internal use, but if Ford published the statistics most people would not necessarily believe them. So why not pay someone to gather the statistics from public records and publish the article so it sounds more like a neutral, unbiased study?

I believe that somebody benefited from the article if only by stating that Ford has more satisfied customers who continue to loyal to the Ford brand. Some people will read the article and assume that Ford's vehicles must be better in some way? And that may be the main reason for the gathering the data and reporting it

...Rich

The company that did this study concentrates on the automotive market, and it's customers are the auto makers, their suppliers, and stakeholders. They analyze all aspects of the market and then provide consultation to anyone that wants to pay for it. This study is the result of ongoing analysis of auto customers and what they're buying. They crunch these numbers every quarter (this article covers Q1 2014 versus the previous 120 months) whether Ford wants to see it or not. It helps Ford, sure, they get to say we're number 1. But it helps others too, buy seeing what people are buying so they can adjust to the market.

The original article was released as company news on the study-maker's website. It got picked up by news writers all over, and the one posted above is MSN's abbreviated version of it. Ford is number 1 right now; by giving the most customers what they want: choice of many types, good dealership experience, great styling, competitive pricing, and probably most of all, flexibility in a market where real and perceived issues change the masses whims overnight. Remember how Explorer sales tanked by half when gas first went over $4 in 2008? Explorer went car-based and ST went absent a couple years later.

ncstatewolfpacker,

Thanks for more information on the article....When I went to the link I could only see the title of the article, but the article was not there and there were no links?

That clarified most of the What?, Where?, and Why? basis for the article, and the reasons you just stated are the same reasons I stated earlier. I said it could only link to customer satisfaction and dealership customer relations and not that Fords were any better, safer, faster, etc.

...Rich

Sorry Rich. I don't catch your point simply because there isn't one that I can't see.

The article said Ford drivers are more likely to buy another Ford than anyone other brand. I don't see anything subjective in that report, nor do I really care who paid for the study, why the study was done, or anything else.

Simply put, this study has nothing to do with reliability, quality, handling, power, safety, or any other thing you can imagine with Fords.

The reason Ford owners are more likely to buy another Ford is irrelevant. They just do.

That is what this survey was all about.

Tom

It's really very simple and more important than given credit for.

The cost of customer acquisition is very high in competitive markets like automobiles. After acquisition, Ford get's a further return on their initial acquisition, decreasing acquisition costs in the long term.

Tom,

Sorry but I disagree. I know the article did not say that Fords were better, more relable, etc. But that is what Ford hopes people will feel after reading the article of just the headlines "Ford is number one in customer loyalty".

You seem to be to easy to accept whatever you read in the media or on the internet. I am much more skeptical of the medial. Much of what we read in the news, watch on TV or see on the internet has been spoon fed to the media. Every corporation has PR people who feed the media the news they want the public to hear. Even the government purposely leaks information to the media for publication just so they can put a spin on some issue and yet deny the media release is Official. That's why I always question the source and motivation behind many news articles.

I am not saying that the data is suspect. however, it is easy to intentionally or unintentionally misinterpret or misrepresent what the results mean. What I do question is the purpose and motivation of the article if it means nothing and benefits no one? I can assure you that someone thought the article would benefit someone otherwise it would not have been publish.

If the company that compiled the data is funded by the Automotive industry, it can hardly be considered an unbiased study? Do all the auto makers contribute the same amount? What if an auto maker does not wish to participate?

...Rich

As I said above, I think Ford gives American customers what they want, whether it's a truck (as long as it's a big one :grin:), a comfortable sedan, a small hatch, a minivan, whatever. Ford also will trim the lineup when something stops selling (Ranger, Crown Vic), and make specialty vehicles where the market wants it (SHO, Cobra, Adrenalin).

When I think of customer loyalty, I think of Harley-Davidson. HD showed it can survive and then prosper without a one-stop shop for all customers with their, "you can have any style bike you want as long as it's a cruiser" mentality. They know their customers very well and give them what they want. They have parties, bike shows, rides, even live music staged at dealerships around the country. And then they also expose their built-in audience to every accessory or clothing article you can think of with an orange shield on it. Many Harley riders plan their rides based on stopping in at dealerships along the way and you can get your bike washed while you shop/hang out. When's the last time you stopped by a Ford dealership on a road trip just to hang out?

I know car dealerships in some places do hold some customer or public events. My local Ford dealer staged an annual Mustang show until it changed owners a few years ago. And the BMW dealership has an owner's get-together once a year, but I never went so I can't comment on the experience of a BMW-hosted party.

Ford and it's competition are trying to get a small percentage of the customers of every type of vehicle, while HD is trying to get a large percentage of customers from a certain style of bike. They've made forays into sport bikes a few times and it hasn't paid off, but I suspect they'll try again in the future, especially as they make more of a global push.

Rich,

Seriously? Are you thinking this is the first time this type of survey has been done and the results been published?

Oh my, you need help.

Tom

Tom,

No I don't think it was the first time that similar surveys have been done and published...but then that is not relevant. Just because it has been done before does not make me any more or less skeptical.

As you know from experience, my BS alarm has a hair trigger and I am usually right.

...Rich

Rich,

Maybe you were offended by the survey since Mercedes-Benz was tied in the number 2 position with Toyota? J/K

Seriously, people do surveys and studies all the time. This is how the business world works. (Of course, you already know all of this)

Ford being number 1 in customer loyalty can be simply because Ford has the best balance between, looks, value, features, hype, and quality. It might be because they are not GM.

Regardless of the reason, data says people that drive Ford vehicles are most likely to buy another Ford. People that drive Toyota or Mercedes-Benz are second most likely to buy a Toyota or Mercedes-Benz.

In the 5th position, those most be special group since they are willing to buy another Chevrolet, even after the 100 gajillion (I know it is a fake number, no need to correct me) recalls GM has had so far and the list keeps growing.

Tom

Tom,

I was not offended by the article because I could not read the article....So I don't know the rankings of other vehicles. As I stated earlier, the posted link only took me to a page with the article's title, but no article and no link to the article???

Again, I keep telling you that I am not arguing the accuracy of the data used or the conclusions made in the article. My only concern is the motivation behind it being published and for who's benefit? As you said, it does not mean any car is better, faster, more reliable, etc. and people are not likely to convince someone to buy a Ford because others are loyal to Ford.

My opinion is that the primary reason why more people are loyal to Ford is because Ford did not take government Bail-Out money. GM and Chrysler were on the brink of bankruptcy which prompted the bail out. GM is still on the edge hanging by their fingernails and all the recalls are not helping. Chrysler has been bought and sold several times and is now owned by Fiat??

It cannot all be blamed on just the recalls...Toyota has had more than their share of bad press related to the recalls for sudden acceleration...yet Toyota came in second, tied with Mercedes?.

So my opinion the reason Ford was rated number 1 in Customer Loyalty is:

1. Did not take bail-out money

2. Dealership Customer Relations

3. Good Value to Price ratios in all vehicle classes.

...Rich

You can't read the article? Does your computer only work on MYST.com?

http://money.msn.com/investment-advice/c_galleryregular.aspx?cp-documentid=253821144

Tom

NO! I could not read the article because there was a problem with that website. All I could see was the Title of the article and the comments from others below where the article should have ben, but the article was not there and there were no links??

I just rechecked the link a few minutes ago, and now the article appears fine?

It was not a problem with my computer, but appears it was bad timing...I tried to view the article (several times) when there was some problem at that website....It happens.

None of my computers will work if the website is not available...and I'll bet your's does not either.

I have two desktop PC's, one notebook PC, a Tablet PC, a smartphone. I have over 40 years experience with computers and communications and yet I cannot make any of them work on websites that are broken......:cheeky:

...Rich

Mine always worked and I was actual able to read the article before I posted and spoke with any authority on the subject.

I have 3 tablets, 2 laptops, 1 desktop, 1 HTPC, a Roku box, 1 signal repeater, 1 all-in-one printer, and 2 cell phones on my home network. I learned this all by myself and nobody taught me a thing.

Doesn't matter your background on PC's and I wasn't impressed by your experience.

Regardless what you may hope or think, Ford is still Number 1 in customer loyalty and I was able to read the article before I flapped my jaw about the article.

Tom

Tom,

I never doubted that Ford would be number 1 in customer loyalty, if for no other reason than the fact that they did not take bail-out money. I just question the motivation behind the article and if was really just another paid advertisement made to look like a news article. That seems to be a deceptive trend lately.

I am skeptical about the article, so what? That is just my opinion. Just face it Tom, you just chimed in on this thread just to piss on my cornflakes. When you cannot win your argument, you make it personal.

The fact that you or others could get to the artilcle means nothing. That is often the case when there is problems with one or more servers or communications problems along my path to that website.

I certainly won't apologize to you or anyone, because I could not see the article through no fault of my own. Now that I have read the article, my position and opinion has not changed.

BTW, I will no onger reply to any of your post, so you can take that as an official "Kiss My :cheeky:"

...Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
I am skeptical about the article, so what? That is just my opinion. Just face it Tom, you just chimed in on this thread just to piss on my cornflakes. When you cannot win your argument, you make it personal.

I don't believe I made it personal. Of course, if I disagree with you, I am making it personal. If you disagree with me, it is because I am wrong and you are right.

I simply started out saying this "survey" was NOT perception but simply based on fact. You wanted to argue without reading the actual webpage. You question why this survey was ever created in the first place. I simply said that this type of survey has been done for as long as I can remember.

I guess my mistake was that I should have said "J/K" after where I said "Does your computer only work on MYST.com?". You had to show off about your advanced experience of some massive home network and how educated you are in the field of computers of over 40 years.

Oh well, get a grip my friend. I agree many websites these days are designed to look like credible news sources, but they typically feature Acai Berries and how many millions of people are cured from cancer simply drinking the juice.

I find it odd that you would assume money.msn.com as one of those fake websites, especially being someone as well trained in the computer industry as you are.

Oh well.

Tom

Latest posts