For those people trying to find matching paint: ex. Silver Birch!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dallas Starr

Reaction score
Well I took a gander at the local Canadian Tire near my place and i found about 5 different paint colors that ford offers on the ST.

There were a couple people before wanting silver birch, well they had 3 cans of it plus a tube of touch up. If you would like me to pick these up for you i will if you pay me back. Through payal!

If there are any colors you people cant find let me know and i'll look for you (I picked myself up some 2001 Silver Frost).

I will probably charge around 10.00 a can as it costs me 7.99 a can approx. plus shipping. It might be more or less i'll let you know if you are interested. Shoot me an email @ [email protected].

Dallas

I found a place called ppg paint here in az that will mix a spray can of paint for you. It is pretty cool they color match your paint and put it in a aresol can. The colors that I have used came out perfect. So if you are in az look up a company called ppg.

Actually, most any automotive paint store can computer match a sample and put it in an aerosol can for you. The local paint shop (E&M) in my podunk home town made a can for my Dad. I found a place on the internet that you could send a sample to, but I can't remember the name. I think Tower Paint or something like that.

I used this place to get my dark charcoal color and it is fantastic. Little to no communication though, but If you know what you want and where to find the paint color it's no problem.

-Heather in OC

I wonder if they could match that elusive color that is on the silver accents on the inside of the ST?? I don't know if anyone has found an exact match for that just yet.... I have come close, but it is still just not quite exact....

why don't you look at the paint code on the driver side door, go to a body shop and see if they can or some paint place mix a can up for you.

Patrick,

From what I've seen here and the research I have done, a can from an auto body shop or from an internet custom mixer will cost about $30US.

Since I'm cheap:D, I'm always looking for ways to save $$ !

Computer match from a sample is better because it will account for any fading that may have occured to the surrounding paint, giving a better match.

Latest posts