For those in Norcal

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Barber

Reaction score
Is hard to find a good roadtrip, this one is to die for if you have a chanch on a weekday.

Backside of Mt hamilton is an area called San Antonio valley, 25 miles from patterson, 25 miles from livermore, 40 miles from san Jose, is the junction at Del puerto canyon and Mines Road.(great food, simple stuff).

The area is like going back in time a 100 yrs,Lots of deer, tule Elk, wild pigs etc.

Four of us took The Roush cars today and what a great trip, In 40 miles up and over Mt ham we saw not one car, nothing, Nada, two cars coming back.

If you have the chanch on a weekday just do it, the weekends are like disneyland.

Fun, you wont be running 60 in the twistys, or 120 on the flats, but the area is just beautiful.

Lots of i kandy back in that area.

Sounds like a good run for or new 2007 Explorer :) There are some great wineries in the Pleasaton / Livermore area too!

Krash a great road trip for you would be to pick up mines rd (hwy 130) in Livermore.

25 miles to the junction, have lunch, (closed weds).

Than continue on up to the top of mt Hamilton (25 Miles) stop at the main observatory( Killer Views).

Than 18 miles down Mt Ham to the base, left on alum rock Ave than 101 to Monteray, about 80 miles, but do it on a week day.

Hey Bill -- I tried that hwy 130 route when I had my Excursion. Bad move on my part! Did too much brake-riding with that beast (could smell the pads super-heating!). I may have to drive that again either in the Trac, or my '06 Mustang GT. I see your from SJ. Same here.

Hi Homie

good binders are a must unless you drive the road in slo-mo, am rolling on 14 inch 6 piston Brembos so had no issues, if you take the GT slow down on the cattle grates, they are ugly on a low car.

easy way from S.J is take Quimby east till it ends at Mt Ham, turn right and have fun:D

Latest posts