For Sale: Bed Extender in Tampa, Fl

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nathan Faria

Reaction score
I have a used bed extender off of my 2002 SportTrac available for sale. Bed Extender is in excellent shape, and spend most of the time in my garage. I'm located in St. Petersburg, Florida and would prefer pick-up. Drop me an e-mail if you are interested. Thanks!

email -- [email protected]

hi buccaneer i have a question i just got a used bed extender for my st. i had to buy all the hardware for it. i just got them today. and i went to put them on and i noticed that the pivot pins have threads on them, but the hole that it goes into dosent have threads. so do i just screw them in and it will self tap the threads or am i missing something. or do you know where i can get the instruction to put them on. cause the dealer didnt send the instruction with them. can you help me. or advise me what to do. thanks paulette

Last edited by a moderator:
Ladybug, I too just bought a used bed extender and ran into the same problem. But it turns out, its not a problem, just get yourself a #50 torx head socket, and screw them in as straight as you possibly can, they are self tapping. I sprayed mine with some wd-30 cause they do get harder and harder to screw in. Hope this helps.

Don't forget to turn them back out as you turn them in. Turn them, then go the other way. Do this several times, and the pin will go further each time.

Bed Extender is still available..... let me know if anyone is interested. Just the extender..I did not keep the hardware, when I traded in the Sport Trac. Thanks!

Latest posts