For Sale: 2.5" DMH Electric Exhaust Cutout + Downturn Directional End Pipe $125 Shipped

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carey Frennier

Reaction score
Brenspeed says that I shouldn't use it on my supercharged STA because it can cause a lean condition and drop my boost.

I LOVE this mod. I've had one on my 08 STA, 2010 Ram and my 2010 STA. This unit is a little less than a year old. It's only been on my 2010 STA.

They are easy to install. An exhaust shop can weld a dump pipe after your cats. You bolt the device on the end of the pipe. I also have a downturn pipe I will include at NO COST so you can direct the exhaust flow as you see fit.

You need to clean the valve itself every 3,000 to 5,000 miles. It will get pretty black and eventually the soot will prevent the unit from fully closing. This creates a really annoying exhaust leak when closed. I always removed it completely and cleaned the hell out of it with rags and CRC brake cleaner. It came out looking brand new! You will not see a check engine light and it will still pass your state's emissions testing. At sustained WOT pulls with the cutout open, you will smell the exhaust since it will have bypassed your resonator and muffler. It will also be closer to the cab. Hense the reason for the downturn end pipe!

It's insanely NASCAR loud. It has basically zero performance gain at OEM power levels.

You can see what they sell for new at the link below.

I'll take $125 shipped OBO for it.

I cant stop thinking about this thing. I cant decide if its super awesome, or monsterously Douchey. I like the idea of roaring around in my trac. I cant decide....

What does it cost it get it installed?

It will probably cost you about $100 all together. My local Midas guy installed my switch, added the y-pipe and bolted on the cutout and the downturn. He spent about an hour on it.

There is ABSOLUTELY NO performance value to this item.

However, it sounds amazing. It's super loud and it sounds very good. Having the ability to shut it off is pretty awesome!

Someone make this go away. I can't handle it in my garage. I'm seriously thinking about installing this and having my truck re-dyno tuned at Quintin Brothers in VT so I can have it open again lol. That's like $700 so PLEASE BUY THIS and put me out of my misery lol!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, since you said your wife doesn't like the whine of the supercharger, you could just reinstall this so the open exhaust drowns out the blower-two problems solved! :bwahaha:

Hmmm, maybe the Cougar would like this. I just now looked into what this actually is. I'm interested. Gonna have to look into it a little more. Btw, I couldn't find any pricing info.

Eh, I would need double and I still haven't decided what setup I'm going to use. Definitely 2.5" pipes, but no definite on headers, mufflers and pipe exit location. I've never heard of these until now.

Sorry to hijack. Hope somebody gets some good use from this. Good luck with the sale.

There is about 11,000 miles on it.

DMH has the best system on the market. The next best one is RacelandUSA's unit but it doesn't work from a hard wire switch and there is no easy way to remove it for service.

The QTP ones are all garbage.

So for $100 plus maybe $75-$100 in pipes, wiring and labor for someone to install it at a muffler shop (they can do wiring most of the time. Very simple) You can have the best flowing exhaust with the most aggressive sound....and be able to shut it down lol. It's awesome.

The only reason I can't use it is because Brenspeed recommened I dyno tune the car with it on and open because, with a supercharger, it will create a lean condition. That is a lot of money and I'd rather not get into it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched the video, on their site. It shows them setting it in varible positions. Is that so? or is it open or closed only?

Also are you including the y-pipe?

I'm including the cutout itself and the down turn to angle the exhaust flow itself since the cutout cannot do this on it's own. No ypipe. Just have the muffler shop make it. That's why I'm saying it would cost like $100 to install it. Since it has basically 0 HP or TQ gain...it really doesn't matter what kind of dump you use.

It can be opened incrementally but, in my opinion, it's either all open or all closed. If you crack it open just a little bit...it's an annoying exhaust leak. If you open it part way it sounds the same as if it's open all the way. It takes about 4 seconds from full closed to full open.

Latest posts