? for LaRue

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phill R

Reaction score
I have an ARE cap with only one key. The key stock is similar to an old Ford ignition key except that it's 25% smaller. Do you know of any stock that would match this? I haven't had any luck in this area finding anyone with it.

try to take a pic of the key and tell me if there is a number on the key anywhere.... look and see if there is a number on th lock itself too.

On the key is "0013".

There is nothing on the lock.

The picture shows the key with the current and classic Ford keys.

I would love to replace the lock with one that could be keyed to my ST key if there is even one of those around.

[Broken External Image]:

That should be a key blank that fits A.R.E, Knapheide, Leer, locks. Strattec 322861 Key blank # 322861. I probably can get you some if you want. They are probably 3-5$ each. Let me know. You could also get in tough with A.R.E. and order pre-cut keys with your code.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info. It looks like I can order the blanks and I have a key grinder at work that I can use to cut them. I tried Emailing ARE but all they do is refer you to the closest dealer. (In this case, not a good one)

Latest posts