? for Coastie Joe

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather Rueckert

Reaction score
My husband recently put in a "replacement" billet grill on his 04" F-150. Since he had to cut the tabs that hold in the argent mesh, is there any good re-usable parts from the original grill that would make it worth selling on Ebay maybe? It's like new (trucks only got 27K on it). Here is a pic of the truck. Thanks for any help you can give me! -Heather

[Broken External Image]:

Not sure I am reading it correct or not, but,,,,

If he has cut any part of the OEM grill then I would say it will be difficult at best to get the true value for it.

That said, someone on ebay will buy it as they will find a way to mount it. People are very smart when it comes to saving them money..

Here are the grills that are available for the 04 F-150,Heritage, XL and XLT, painted surround, bar style center

Heritage, XL and XLT, chrome surround

Heritage, XL and XLT, painted surround, honeycomb style center

Heritage, Lightning, lower (bumper cover mtd)

Heritage, Lightning, upper

exc. Heritage; upper; chrome surround; bar style center

exc. Heritage; upper; chrome surround; honeycomb style center

exc. Heritage; upper; painted surround, bar style center

exc. Heritage; upper; painted surround, honeycomb style center

exc. Heritage; lower \

I looked up the Heritage, XL and XLT, painted surround, honeycomb style center to get the going rate price on a grill. It is going for 50 to 75 on the low end and has them listed as high as 200.

Hope this helps...

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. He had to cut the tabs that hold the argent mesh part onto the painted gray surround. The mesh part and Ford oval are in excellent shape though. If someone could find a way to remount it I could see it being a good re-usuable part. He was just going to throw it in the dumpster at my work, but I told him I wanted to get your opinion on it first. Thanks for giving me a going rate! -Heather :D

I just called him and he said not all the tabs that attached it to the gray surround had to be cut, only

4 of them, the other tabs mounted with screws which we kept.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have nothing to lose by listing it. Start it out cheap and let them build the price up. Just list it with accurate info and your good to go..

Good luck...

Heather- I paid $125 for a brand new '04 F150 honeycomb grill w/black surround on F150online.com. Thanks for the tip on removing the honeycomb mesh- I am taking it out of the black surround and mounting it to my yellow surround (replacing STX bar type) and it looks difficult.... I was almost to the point of having the new surround painted yellow.:cool:

Latest posts