For Anyone Considering New Shocks...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Stehle

Reaction score
Sears quoted me almost $300 for a full set of Monroe reflexes today, just for the parts without installation. I just found them on amazon.com, $125 for all of them! They're on the way! This will make it easier to pick up the EE rear sway bar!

If you're looking, part numbers are:

Front (4WD) - Monroe 911122 $32.57

Front (2WD) - Monroe 911177 $43.78

Rear (Both) - Monroe 911035 $30.42

2WD fronts are a bit more than 4WD, but still a good deal I think.

4x4 fronts will work just as well on a 4x2. 4x2 specifics want fit a 4x4. Some companies only make the 4x4 shock for both drivetrains.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sheesh ... thanks for pointing that out. I checked Amazon for prices on Monroe Sensatrac

Front (2WD) - Monroe 37177 $40.57

Rear (Both) - Monroe 37035 $43.99 .... now $34.58 ?

Shipping was FREE ..... and there is a $20 rebate if I buy all 4 ... https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/G/01/00/00/04/15/53/58/415535890.pdf (hey mjs3350, it applies to Reflex too!)

And how easy is it to remove old and install new? Talking about limited tools, and leary about really tearing into truck. Are there instructions specific to the trac and shocks?:unsure:

JerryA,

They're not that hard at all. You don't even need to jack the ST up. Can be done in your driveway/garage with all four tires sitting on the deck. Here's a link to one project:

Once in a while the "good guy" wins! "Out the door" price with $20 Monroe rebate was $106.65. BTW- replacing the rears are a "PITA" but a very worthwhile upgrade over OEM. KA-CHING! :)[Broken External Image]:

Wife is going to be :wacko: to see me working on my truck putting on new shocks & a sway bar. These look to be beginner-quality tasks and they only way I could justify the cost (to myself) is if I save the money on installation :D

.... think she'll buy that?

Which are better, Sensatrac or Reflexes? Why?

Reflexes are a little bit stiffer. I've got the Reflexes on mine.

It's really just a personal opinion, but both are better than the OEM shocks.

Wife is going to be to see me working on my truck putting on new shocks & a sway bar. These look to be beginner-quality tasks and they only way I could justify the cost (to myself) is if I save the money on installation

.... think she'll buy that?

Tell her the truck will stop jumping into another lane every time you hit a bump on the highway. She'll buy that.

Received my shocks today and dang Amozon dealer guys :angry: sent me 2 front Sensatracs and 2 rear Reflex. (Ordered 4 Reflex) If have trouble with returning them, is there a problem in i run diferent front to back?

thanks

No, based on your driving habits and use of your truck, the Monroe website sometimes specs out different shocks on the front and rear.

Latest posts