For any Canadians on MYST...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaun Tucker

Reaction score
...I thought I should start this thread.

CAN vs. RUS

Sid the kid vs. Alex the great

Should be a big night for both teams!! I think we are going to see one fine display of hockey tonight!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

GREAT game! It looks like we've FINALLY got our game in place.

I like the quote Nick Kypreos slipped in before they went to a commercial break in the first intermission: "Don't take your foot off the head of a snake"

Bring on the Americans!! :fire: :cheeky:

Jerry,

He is amazing, but I don't think Mario would ever hold back Sid the Kid from competing at the international level. Mario himself is a national icon for his contributions to Hockey Canada.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shaun, I'm routing for a US / Canada gold medal showdown. A repeat of the first game would be even better! :grin:

As a San Josean and avid Sharks fan, I found it hard to route against the "Shark line" v. USA last weekend, but until March 1, there is no NHL, Sharks, etc.

Loved it when Dan Boyle took down the Russian that ran him into the wall.

The first round is on me, Shaun . . .

:haveabeer:

I was lucky enough to go the game last night. What amazed me was how many Russians there are in town for the Olympics, there were thousands inside and thousands more outside, they even had a marching band, a really good one, outside the gate. They were a sad bunch afterwards, hockey means as much to them as it does to us. I don't think anyone is going to keep Canada from winning the gold metal now, not even Ryan Miller.

I don't think anyone is going to keep Canada from winning the gold metal now, not even Ryan Miller.

My thoughts exactly!

Lyonpride,

I can't help but wonder what the GM of the sharks is thinking while he is watching his line tear sh!t up for the olympics. We are riding on San Jose's successful line chemistry lol.

Regardless, I hope for your sake, and the rest of San Jose fans' sakes, that the chemistry doesn't wear off before they go back to the NHL. Sometimes lines go hot and then cold. These guys have been on a tear for a while now though.

And I look forward to that brew! I'll take a pint of Molson Canadian ;)

Hmmmm I like Molson, but I have a 12-er of Sam Adams I got chilling for the next couple of games (better get more).

There is talk about the chemistry here in SJ. Hoping for no fall-off. I'm also hoping for no injuries, too. The PP of Marleau Thornton & Heatley with Boyle on D has been looking real good. We may have to make a deal for Shea Weber to complete this when the NHL gets back in action!

I just hope Joe Pavelski doesn't rub the gold in their faces too much when it's all over! :grin:

Wow JDB -- while I'm routing for the USA, that's pretty bold. But if that happens, I'll be the first to say 'you da man!'

JDB - we are a different team now, its a whole different animal your dealing with now. Who is the USA's backup goalie in case Miller "accidentally" gets run? (just kidding......mostly)

Canadians are not very outgoing when it comes to national pride until it comes to hockey, although i have seen a huge spike in national pride since the Olympics came to town.

Either way should be a good emotional game, going to have to go to a local sports bar to watch. Although we still need to get the slovak's out of the way.

we still need to get the slovak's out of the way.

Yea that's not looking like its going to be as easy as we thought at the beginning of the tourney. They have won against Russia AND now Sweden...

Huet is on fire (partly thanks to my fav. team - the Montreal Canadiens :grin:) and its tough to solve a hot goalie, especially in a "do or die" situation.

As long as Luongo remains strong, I don't think we'll have a problem in our own zone.

Come to think of it, didn't Brodeur JUST get his American citizenship right before the Olympics? hmmmm.. Dare I say he may be a double agent working with the US? lol j/k

And I gotta agree with Mr. Rugby on this one JDB... if we meet the US in the gold medal finals, you'll be dealing with a whole new ball of wax.

I'm curious, my Canadian friends. Canada kicked Russia's caboose, no question. But how much of that was Russia 'laying down' for lack of a better term? Seemed like 90% of the game was in the Russian's zone (which sucked BTW, 'cause it made Nabakov look like crap).

Take it easy on this American, OK? Not my intention to stir up crap, just being objective.

Sports rivalries especially in the Olympics is a perfectly acceptable time to stir up crap as long as no one gets their panties in a bunch.

So Canada :kiss_it:

USA = Gold

Haha i usually keep quiet cause i'm strangely competitive when it comes to these sorts of things. I don't know if the first part was laying back or the fact the russian goalie was a sive and put them out of the game in the first 20 minutes. Either way we needed a confidence boost and now we've had two in a row of what we would call "tune up" games.

I'd say a bunch of it could have been due to the all too typical Russian Hockey attitude. I've noticed players like Kovalev and Fedorov don't compete in the NHL unless there is something in it for them. A lot of them can exhibit very selfish hockey behaviour.

When they start losing, they don't try. JMO though.

I would have been interested in hearing Don Cherry have a bit of a rant last night, but that dinosaur has outlived his usefulness for the most part.

Common Shaun don't you get a kick out his suits? I want to know where he gets them or the material to get them made haha. Well a puck in the hand for any normal player may sting a bit but it doesn't warrant a trip to the bench in agony (just saying) and also i don't know if you remember when Phaneuf and Ovechkin were in the world juniors together when Ovechkin left the game because he was getting physically outplayed by the Canadian team. I also don't think it helps that the Russian team is made up of as many KHL players as they could get.

i don't know if you remember when Phaneuf and Ovechkin were in the world juniors together when Ovechkin left the game because he was getting physically outplayed by the Canadian team

They showed a clip of that last night. He threw his gloves down on the way to the dressing room. :bwahaha:

I'm almost convinced the Olympics went to CTV in part because people were nervous about what Ol' Don had to say about all the European teams...

You have to give him credit though, Don Cherry just released Rock 'em Sock 'em 21 (i dont think its called Rock 'em Sock 'em anymore like it used to be - I still have my VHS copy of Rock 'em Sock 'em 5!!)

Latest posts