For $55-$75, these things should not be such pieces of...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H D

Reaction score
:soap:

Looked around for bed extender pins since I can't seem to keep them intact. I rarely even use the bed extender. It is certainly not abused. It spends most of it's time unmounted, in the garage. Why are they so expensive for something of such poor quality?

Steve was kind enough to send me one last year after one broke only a month into ownership. Now I'm in need of another. I thought I might just buy a handful for backups. Then I saw the price. :angry: Even the site sponsor (not their fault) has them higher than they're really worth. I'd feel ripped off by paying $10 for these things, as a pair!

Looks like it's time to hit the workshop. Any ideas on how to make a bed extender pin that can hold up to such stresses as sitting in a garage and occasionally taking a full load of bagged garbage to the dump?

Rant over.:soap:

Last edited by a moderator:
One of mine simply shattered last summer. The weak red plastic piece exploded on me, and that was the end of it. This summer, the rearmost drivers'-side inner bed tiedown broke (the screws sheared off, and the backing plate inside of the bed fell out).

I'm down to 3 tiedowns and one pin. Luckily it wasn't the tiedown which has the extender mount, but it still sucks. I'm feeling your pain.

I don't have one, and im not sure how they mount, but maybe some kind of 3pt hitch pin (for tractors) could be used, they have them in all kinds of sizes and lengths and styles, and they're all grade 8 or higher.

Latest posts