? for 07-V8 owners

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gene Marshall

Reaction score
Has anyone with a 07 V8 had any problems with the engine just shutting off for no reason? It can be restarted immediately. It has happened three times now with less than 6000 miles on it. It happened twice in the middle of a turn and once just driving straight down the highway.

WOW, again,,,,,,,,,,nope, no problems like that in mine,,,,,,only 1100 miles, but don't tell me about this being a common 07 thing. Hope your local dealer can fix/diagnose whatever the problem is. Keep us informed, as I'm sure all of us would want to hear any/all updates on your truck. Thanks, in advance,,,,,,,,,,Mark

I had the same problem about 5 times. It only seemed to happen when I was towing and let off of the throttle in a long deceleration...like exiting the expressway. I would only notice it had stalled when I began a turn and realized that the power steering was out. All instances happened in the first 2000 miles and I now have almost 5k. The dealer found nothing wrong and I have gone along problem free so far. Since it starts right away and has not happened in a while, I am thinking it was some break-in period issue and that it has resolved itself. It was still something I was not happy about!

My build date was some time in early June and the truck is a V8 limited.

Great! Something to look forward to? I have a V8 Limited build 1 w/ about 1800 miles on it but have not had this problem yet.

I did have an issue around 500 miles: When I came out from work one afternoon it started and all of the "bad" lights were lit on the dash ie, check engine, low oil, dead battery.... I put it in gear and it would not move; the engine just reved. I shut it off, looked under the hood, got back in, started it back up and everything was fine. The one and only time it has done it.

Especially when it's cold though I do notice jerky starts and rough shifting. Very annoying. I'm hoping some performance mods will help????

Latest posts