Fog lamp HID replacement

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jose Ayala

Reaction score
hi all.

Has anyone updated the fog lamps to HID's?

I ordered them and installed them but they are not going off. Any one already did the upgrade and wants to share what and how got them to work?

Thanks,

Jose

Thank you guys but I still can not have them working. I did move pins so negative fall under positive connector and viceversa, both side, male and female, per instructions given but still no lights.

Any one knows what else to do?

Jose

Is it possible you popped a fuse when you were installing them? How did you ground them? At the battery or somewhere else, if possible check that as well. Thats all I can think of for right now. Hope it helps.

Yeah, Jose, whats the solution?!?! I need to know... please

They are a true plug and play kit, there is no ground wires to bolt down. Kit uses all OEM harness.

I bought the 9145 kit but when i plugged them following original instructions, nothing happened so I email vendor and they forwarded me instructions for 9005 lights and instructions said to take main wire harness and re-vert nagative and positive cables and re-install on plug.

I did but then did not plug cable to box the way instructions said.

I will try to add what they sent me for you all to follow. If not, e-mail me and I will forward.

Jose

[email protected] - email

I gotcha Jose... So another words, instead of plugging in the way they should be plugged, you just reversed it. I will try that this weekend, when I get a chance to do so. I had called my vendor about it and they really couldn't figure out what was wrong. They mentioned to do what you have said to do, I just haven't gotten around to doing so and plus its good to hear a second opinion.

My lights are a plug in kit from the link...

here is what vendor sent:

Find the male connector

for the 9005/9006 wire

harness. ( maybe in blue

or black )

Insert a small flat screw

driver into the clip hole.

After insert the screw

driver, pull the wires at the

same time. The terminals

will easily slide off.

How to reverse the polarity(positive/negative) for 9005/9006 HID Kit.

Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

Step 4

Step 5

Use the same screw driver to

bend back the clip of the

terminal. Do not bend too

much. ( do it for both wires )

Insert the terminal back into the connector in a reverse

position. ( make sure you hear a click sound from the

terminal to confirm locking)

Step 6

Repeat Step 1 to Step 5 for the other wire harness,

and simply follow the installation guide (included in

the kit) to install your 9005/9006 HID kit.

After Before

Latest posts