FM Modulator Transmitter

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Stuhlsatz

Reaction score
Does anyone here have one of these? I am thinking about getting one for my wife for christmas. She has the stock head unit in her 2004 ford freestar. She has no CD player and we do not have the ipod gadget. I have a little over 14,000 songs on a external HD. I want to load WMA's and MP3's on a usb smart stick and let her plug into this thing. If it is okay I might get me one for the Trac.

I have that exact same unit that i use in my 78 corvette.

so far it has worked ok for. me tried it in the trac which has

a much better sound system than the corvette does and it worked

well.

i bought it cheaper than that off of Ebay though, i think

i paid $35 shipped if i remember right.

I think I will get one then. I noticed the company that makes these also has head units where you can plug a usb smart stick in. I wondered when someone would do this.

I have never had much luck with FM modulators...they have always had a lot of static for me. I am sure where I live has something to do with it.

Stu, have you considered using the cassette adapter? Assuming your wife's car has a cassette deck...those work very well and are less bulky.

TJR

TJR,

Must be old age, your eyes are starting to deceive you...:p:p Stu said that is wife's car did not have a cassette player.

...Rich

Actually, it says she doesn't have the CD player, unless you are inferring that the stock radio doesn't have either a CD nor a cassette...

No cassette either. Plain Jane radio. RichardL was reading my mind.:lol: I think ford saved some more money!

The question about how much music that can fit on a 1 gb card. That can vary on many factors. Bit rates and file type for instance.

I live in Kansas. It is pretty flat here and the many more frequencies they use do not match up with too many radio stations. It may work well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, RichardL, what Daeron said! I read it twice before assuming it MIGHT have a cassette player which is why I worded my reply the way I did. If only you read it twice before inferring I missed something in your post....;)

Oh, and figure on average 4MB per song file for MP3/WMA (about a MB a minute), that means you get about 250 songs in 1GB.

Besides, how old do you think I am?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen head units with USB and/or SD card slots in the face of the unit for playing MP3's.

Latest posts