Flowmaster's are on the way

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big K

Reaction score
So... I decided to get the Flowmaster 50 series single-in, dual-out muffler and I'll be getting it installed next Thursday morning! I'm excited. Finally I'll be able to hear the ST! I'll be sure to post an exhaust clip as soon as it's done.

When you go to get tailpipes bent for it unless you have a body lift installed the biggest you could go safely without melting anything or rubbing against anything would be 2 1/4" pipes. I fabbed up 2 1/2" pipes for mine because I have a body lift allowing more room for the pipes to be run over the axle. Just a heads up for ya so you don't get to the muffler shop and be disappointed but IIRC you do have a body lift, right?

:banana:

Awesome,

I have the 50 Series on mine with 2.25 in and 2.50 with stainless steel and 3.5 inch Flowmaster tips. It sounds sweeeeeeeet! I cant wait to get my tuner on it. Youll love it!

LIK

Jerry, I don't have a lift, but I trust the guy who will put it together. I'll be sure to give him the heads up on that on Thursday morning though. Thanks! :supercool:

To maintain the best low end torque. Dont go over 2.25" tail pipes. Actually IMO, 2" tail pipes will be best all around torque and HP, since it is dual out. Easier to route 2" also.

No problem with larger tips on the ends. I have thought of changing my single out to dual out. If I do I will run 2" out and dual tips like this one.

[Broken External Image]:

Today is the day! The truck's been at the shop for 3 hours now, and I should go pick it up in the next hour or so... I'm really looking forward to it! I'll post pics and a sound clip as soon as I can.

It's a little windy today, so I couldn't get a soundclip yet, but I do have one photo...

[Broken External Image]:

It's pretty, it sounds amazing and I can't wait to get a clip up to show everybody.

Nice, just watch if you do any offroading or backing up you don't bottom out or back them into something now. That's why I put mine out the sides behind the rear tires. Looks really good.

:haveabeer::supercool:

I like the sound of my Flowmaster but was amazed at the sound, mpg gain, power and torque when I added the Ranndom Technology Stainless Steel Y-pipe (deletes the two pre-cats) and High Flow Cat (one main high flow cat instead of two stock cats and 50 state legal) pricey but cheaper then buying OEM replacements.

[Broken External Image]:

Actually, that's not 50 state emissions legal -- it's 50 state I/M240 test legal. I work with the state of Colorado's emissions and we are permitted (and expected) to fail all vehicles that do not have all of the emissions components required by the Vehicle Emission Component Inspection (or VECI) sticker underneath the hood. If I remember correctly on the 2005 ST it would be (4) three-way catalytic converters, and just as many heated oxygen sensors. So if we look under the car and don't see said emissions components we are required by the "Colorado Department of Revenue AIR Program Rules and Regulations Rule V (504.0) (s)" (aka the Colorado Clean-Air Act) to fail said vehicles test. It sucks for us because we don't like to fail people, but if we put down that a vehicle passed that should've technically failed we could lose our jobs, be fined by the state, and/or convicted of felony violations of the Clean-Air Act.

...it's sort of BS if you ask me. But it's the job.

Anyway...

I love your truck. Did you make the chrome railing on the back? It's sweet! Also, is that just a TT/Shackles lift or is that a superlift? I'm not a huge fan of lifted trucks, but you're is pretty awesome.

Here's my current goal for Taz, my ST:

[Broken External Image]:

That sucks, WTH, you live near Denver or is that state wide? Not sure if reaper still has them but he had those rims and taillights on his Trac, he had them for sell awhile back so check the Swap & Sell Board, might have to go back a couple of pages or you could just email him.

I did a 1.75" TT, W.P. lift shackles, P.A. 3" body lift, 285/75/16 (33's) and 1.5" wheel spacers. The rear sport bar is made by Tal & Hadas but they don't sell them in the U.S. anymore. I plan on doing a Solid Axle Conversion, Spring Over Conversion and lifting it another 6-7"'sand going to 35's.

I live about 30mins North of Denver, but those rules pretty much apply everywhere in-between the Wyoming border all of the way down to Aurora, Colorado. The only real places that are emissions free (as far as I know) are the Eastern plains, some of the mountainous areas, and down South near the Pueblo, Colorado plateaus and such.

As for Reaper, last I heard he's looking at selling his truck, so I don't think he's still selling his rims. I'll contact him on Cardomain and see if he's still willing to get rid of them though.. Thanks for reminding me to do that!

That lift you're going to do is insane! Make sure to keep us updated when you do it.

It'll be alot like Chad's SAS truck when I'm done. I'm on the explorerforum.com for all of that with a bnch of other members from here because that site is geared more for offroading, extreme fabrication work and what I'm gonna be doing.

IIRC, reaper wanted to trade his rims/tires for stockers.

It'll be alot like Chad's SAS truck when I'm done. I'm on the explorerforum.com for all of that with a bnch of other members from here because that site is geared more for offroading, extreme fabrication work and what I'm gonna be doing.

IIRC, reaper wanted to trade his rims/tires for stockers.

I'd like to keep my stock rims so that I have something to swap out for the winter. Plus, the RR is a little scuffed up and I'd hate to think that my old scuffed up rim would hinder a sale for him.