Flowmaster vs Magnaflow?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Lovell

Reaction score
Hello

After reading all the post about exhaust I have got a lot of great information. I have decided to have a local shop build me a single 2.5 in and dual 2.5 out system instead of buying one, but I still have one question. Flowmaster or Magnaflow? I had a car with a flowmaster system but I worry it might be to loud for my daily driver, and the Magnaflow has the issue with the loss of low end torque. I am sitting at a fork in the road and dont know which way to go.

Thanks

If your going to have a local shop do the job ,ask which they prefer to use, or even sell in their establishment. Our local muffler and custom exhaust shop is a Flowmaster registered shop and do great work and have the expertise and backing of the flowmaster company. When I had mine done I simply ask which muffler they felt was best for what i was looking for. they showed me the specs from flowmaster on that particular series and what I could expect for sound and performance, and am very pleased with the results.:supercool:

I was at the same point myself. Went with Magnaflow because my wife doesn't like loud. Ive been happy with it, but now I find myself wanting more loud! haha! Should have just went with the louder pipe instead of trying to worry about her. But I do like the magnaflow I have. I did 2.5 only single out, wish I had gone with the duals. If I did it over I would do the dual flowmaster. This has turned into a bit of a contradicitive post hasnt it?!

Latest posts