Flowmaster 40

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin McGowan

Reaction score
Does anyone out there have a FLowmaster 40 on their stock pipes? If so do you remember the model number for that muffler. I now know mine is a 2.25 inlet/outlet with offcenter inlet and centered outlet. Thanks for all your info

Have heard several members complain of the noise level from the 40 series. You sure you want that kind of racket while driving?

Awwe c'mon. All you old farts forget that louder is better :D I say go with no muffler, then if you get the 40 series, it will sound like stock.

Hey, when I was 16, I had glasspack mufflers installed on my '68 Ford Galaxie 500. Sounded 'cool' for about 3 months, then I ended up going back to steel-packed mufflers as the low frequency was giving me a huge headache.

I've got the 40 series on my ST using the stock pipe and it's not loud at all, it has a nice deep tone at low revs bt you really can't notice it when you get above 2500 rpm.

I'm having the Flomaster 50 put on friday with the Randow Tech Y pipe. I thought it would be too loud with a 40 and the Y. I'll let you all know Sat. am. Gary D. in CT

i got my flowmasters put on yesterday american 40 series 2 chamber 2.25 in and single 2.5 out and it aint that loud but it does me good as far as gas goes, and my random tech offroad y-pipe is guna b here tomorrow so im excited 2 hear how it guna sound with no cats...ill let yall know

Latest posts