florida vehicle registration ?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary s

Reaction score
i want to try to make sure i have everything in order for a first time vehicle regi in fla. i am transferring it to florida from n.y.

i have the following:

clean/lien free title form ny state

proof of current fla insurance on this vehicle

HSMV 82042 - vehicle indentification and odo verification.

original bill of sale with sales tax paid to ny state

if this how i understand it, i take all of the above to the county tax collector office for processing.

do i get the new fla tags and regi at that time if everything is in order? or do they give you a temp and mail them?

appreciate any help with this. i want to make sure before i take the vehicle down that everything is ok.

since i was a kid (18), i always wanted a fla tag on my car :D

why? since then i always wanted to live there :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe you have the the right things to get it done. I just renewed all of mine the other day, ST, boats, trailers etc. No new tags this trip, just decals. You will get the tag when you register at teh tag office. Check the website below for more info. Come on down!

Last edited by a moderator:
Rarely will you get a temp tag in florida, usually only when you buy a car from a local dealer.. However you will get a temp if you order a custom tag or specialty tag. Other wise you just get a tag from the Tax Collectors office.

- Resident of Orlando, FL:rolleyes:

just be careful to double check everything. my tag expired at the same time as i was buying a new car. so i went to renew my tag and register it to my ST but instead the renewed my tag but didnt switch the registration. I got pulled over like 3 times in one weekend by cops thinking i stole the tag luckily i had some paper in my car that had the registration transfer or something liike that. I had to pay the fee's all over again. i know your situations alot different but it never hurts to check before you leave

I sold a motorcyle a couple of years ago in FL (for a nephew) and I went to my local county registration office to ensure I had everything needed. They verified I did. I sold the bike to another FL resident, but he was from a different county. When he went to register it, they stated he was missing some paperwork. So, it appears that different counties have different requirements.:wacko:

You will be the best prepared person they will see all day! Where are you moving to? I have noticed a huge difference in the tag offices- Miami was a zoo- crowded, rude and inefficient staff, unpleasant. Key West- "Hows the family? Sorry for the long line(5 people)".:cool:

thanks everyone. i hope i have everything.

lasik1, i have a house in hernando (citrus county). i am bringing down a car from new york so i don't have to rent one each time i visit.

i am not moving yet :( hopefully in about 3 years

Latest posts