flashing OD problem

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derick Cardenas

Reaction score
about a month ago i noticed the od light flashing for about 40 minutes of driving. after office, i started the ST and it was gone. yesterday i went to ford dealer and they suggested to replace the ATF. Last time i had mine is on 50k km and its now on 76km. is this alright to change?

i've been using xcal2, the truck has been running on stock tune for about 3 months now. i noticed that the transmission shifts abnormally. sometimes it would change to a lower gear when i feel the engine doesnt need to.

I would hope the dealer would have run a scan test on before this suggestion. Some codes are stored even if the OD light isn't flashing. If they didn't, I would start there. I had mine in after a similar episode and they still found a trouble code that turned up a bad solnoid.

I wouldn't think that 26K Km would be enough to need an oil change, but I am not to familiar with xcal2 (I'm assuming it is synthetic) if so, that could be your problem...I did say could, I am not to familiar with synthetic in our trannies.

Latest posts