Fixing cracks in tonneau cover

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Hare

Reaction score
I have some cracks on the underside of my 2003 factory tonneau cover. Probably from someone putting weight on the cover near the rear center with tailgate down. Or slamming shut with tailgate down. Just guessing.

But what is the best adhesive for sticking to that composite material? Since it's inside the bed and won't be seen, I was going to reinforce with something rigid - maybe 1/4" fiberglass plate w/fasteners. Would fiberglass resin stick good to the composite material?

Someone did a repair with some black goo stuff, and mesh. But it failed again. I need to fix so it doesn't get worse. Thanks for any advice.

I have the same type of issue with a John Deere garden tractor hood. Cracks in the plastic. Access from rear that I don't care about appearance.

Would be great to have an adhesive mesh that would work.

Rough it up, apply mesh and some JB Weld???

I had good luck with this product fixing the same problem. RapidFix Dual Adhesive System It has done a good job with the automotive plastics I have tried to fix.

Latest posts