Fixed that stupid armrest

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreman

Reaction score
Well, I had to replace the radiator a couple of weeks ago. It was hard to pin down where the leak was, so I had to wait a couple of times for things to dry up.

While I was waiting, though, I looked at that annoying armrest that had been broken clean off for a couple of months, and decided to see what I might do with it. I took the base off, and sat the base on the tailgate next to the armrest, then fitted them back together. I pulled the broken cupholder out, and realized I had a bit of room I could use for an added structure. So I dug out some random wood pieces and fitted them into place to see what might work. A simple 1x4 seemed to work best, bolted and screwed to the base. A second short piece of 1x4 filled the space near the front, and now I have a repaired armrest! No cupholder anymore, and I forgot to take pictures while I was doing it, but it works. I pulled the face off the cupholder and it fitted right into the end to cover the exposed part at the back.

Latest posts