First Wreck

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sullivan VanWay

Reaction score
Got in my first accident today! I was going to switch into the left lane and i looked in my mirror and thought to myself after that silver car passes I'm switching lanes. Then a silver car passed and I went to switch but ther was another silver car behind them and BAM! next thing you know she jumped out of the car and started chewing me out. So I said lets go to the parking lot and call the cops. When we tried to call 911 it said the number was unavailable but luckily ther happend to be a cop driving by that we stopped and got to do the paper work. But when I gave her the insurance card it said for an orange explorer and turns out I had parked next to an explorer, but any way when she asked me which vehicle was mine I said the orange truck and she was freaking out because she thought I didn't have insurance but then I told her it was an explorer sport trac she "said oh well thats a nice looking truck you got there." But there was hardly any damage to either cars and it was totally my fault and the cop only gave me a ticket for improper lane usage because she said it was a cheaper fine than wreckless operation. So thats what happened to me today, anyway thanks for reading sorry its so long just wanted to tell you guys what happened.:)

Sal-V, sorry to hear that.

Bill Barber, Here is a "What If?" If that accident happened in California would Sal's insurance pay to get his ST fixed (assuming it had significant damage)? Just trying to better understand what you talked about in another thread regarding California insurance.

Actually I called my dad first. I wasn't going to tell my mom till later because she was just gonna fuss at me, but my dad came a started laughing at me which I think was a little better.

Sal, I have to say that I commend you for taking responsibility for the accident. I so often see posts about accidents were the one posting was clearly at fault and they are providing a list of excuses why it wasn't their fault. (like when they rear-end someone). Accidents happen, that is why you have insurance and I am sure you won't make that mistake again.

Here in London the city and police force no longer use the term "accident." They prefer the term "collision" now because there is hardly anything accidental about driver error.

Regardless, sorry to hear about your collision dude. I know its the worst feeling in the world when it happens. Especially after your first!

dont feel too bad, sh!t happens, but just be thankful the damage wasn't worse.

Here too, officially they are "traffic crashes".

Last month my '04 got hit for the third time. Once while parked, once each while sitting still at a stop light and stop sign. Two of the drivers were uninsured or underinsured, forcing me to file a claim on my policy. That sucks.

I'm starting to think this particular ST is cursed, and I wouild trade it in if I hadn't just purchased a house.