First Muddin (56k beware)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacob Dryer

Reaction score
Keep in mind before I start this story I have crappy tires and 2wd.

My buddies sister lives about 30 minutes from me and they were having a bonfire and invited us over. Turns out they have a little "mud hole" on the property.

[Broken External Image]:

I proceeded to get stuck several times, along with my buddy. I did my best to pull my buddy out of this.

[Broken External Image]:

Unfortunatly my Ford couldn't pull out the Jeep, but there was a 4wd v8 explorer that could :)

[Broken External Image]:

So after both my buddy and I got stuck several times and the night got later (and everyone got drunker :D) the REAL mud came out. It's hard to tell from the picture but they went and picked up a gas powered water pump and started pumping water from the pond into the mud pit.

[Broken External Image]:

This jeep did a lot better than my buddies, but still ended up stuck.

[Broken External Image]:

They had to break out the H2 to get that one out, but I didn't get any pictures of that. It was hard enough to keep the camera steady (few too many cold ones, don't worry the wife drove home)

These came in handy, as I had the truck pointed at the mud pit so all the spectators could see and we could try to get pictures.

[Broken External Image]:

The aftermath

[Broken External Image]:

and I still need to clean the interior because I had to have the windows down to see since they are tinted. It was a whole lot of fun, kind of wish I had 4wd but this is the first time I've been muddin and I've had a truck for the last 8 years.. so oh well, big expensive toy.

Nice man, loks like real fun.B ut it seems that every time I go through something like this, while imbibing, I never think to take pics. Just trippin on gettin out.

Once I'm out, all I have is a story to tell with no visuals...

mannnnn I need a place to wheel.... There is no legal place in MD besides the beach at Assateague Island and I don't know anyone with a lot of property.

Last edited by a moderator:
TT/SL and some larger tires have been on the "list" (you know the never ending one) for awhile. When I actually need tires I will get some larger and do the lifts/alignments all at the same time. Until then it will stay stock height.

Latest posts