Firewall

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jose Santana

Reaction score
Ok I have what may be a silly question. Where in the firewall do I pass an electrical line from my battery to an amplifier being installed? I keep looking but I can;t seem to figure out just where I should be going through?

Thanks

Joseymack

If I remember correctly, there should be a rubber grommet just above the accelerator pedal. I believe that's where I ran a wire through the firewall. It's been a few years, so I can't recall for certain, and I'm not able to look right now. If nobody else answers, I'll check at lunch and get back to you.

Check Rich Stern's project on installing lights. There are pictures to show you the exact location of the grommet.

10g should be fine, but it depends on the total length of the positive and ground to calculate correctly what size wire is needed to achieve full power.

I ran it through the large rubber grommet that TrainTrac is talking about, and I was able to fit 4g through it, along with other smaller wires for other random electronics.

Latest posts