FIREWALL LEAK

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHRIS STANICH

Reaction score
Can't figure this one out, have a 05 ST Adrenalin less than 20,000 miles on it, never in an accident, and getting a leak up under the dash which is soaking the foam under the vinyl.... ran some water on lower windsheild area and can see it dripping inside running down right behind parking brake... but can not get to the root of the problem... this must have been doing it since i bought it judging from some rust i found.... I as well thought it was the windsheild, but took it to safelite where they found the factory seal and no leak..... any ideas? Driving me crazy! Thanks in advance for any help.

Chris :wacko:

My 2005 XLT was doing the same thing. Luckily, I found it before the warranty ran out. I found it by putting the accessory carpet kit in and mistakenly pulled the vinyl floor out. It was leaking in the corner behind the parking brake pedal. Had some seam sealer run down the corner and closed it up. Hasn't leaked since. Yours could be leaking higher up behind the dash as well.

Do you have a sunroof? Check the drains.

Another possibility could be the heater core, which is behind the glove box.

Good luck.

Roger..... thanks for the info... I am going to try the sealer. I appreciate it.

Spaceman Spiff, no sunroof... and the leak is actually on the driver side, so it can't be the heater core. Thanks for your help though. Much appreciated.

Chris

Latest posts