finance rates on 07 Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve moore

Reaction score
Well,,,I was speaking with my dealer today(I have an 07 ST limited V8 on order)and he is not sure of the rates on the ST( like many things I have asked!,,not uncommon from what I have read on this site) As anyone gone to a dealership,and given any rates? my dealer thought th

at they MAY be 3.8% over 4 years,,,any input would be great.

Steve

I was looking at 5.5%...now that I leased I got .50%.....Yes, half of a percent. Good credit helps.lol

My gf's cousin got .25% on a Mercury lease last week.....:blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't lease do to too many miles each year and I currently own so would not be a good financial decision. One good thing is my credit union allows for refinancing new vehicles so I can take advantage of a Ford incentive if the loan is through Ford Credit and then refinance with the first bill at 3.9% through my credit union!:cool:

CapitalOne.com has a rate of 5.75% so I'd use that as a starting point and try to get the dealer to beat it. What's cool about Capital One is they'll cut you a blank check (for a preapproved amount) and you simply fill in what the truck cost. Because you already have the blank check in hand it's a nice bargaining tool to use against the dealer to get them to beat that rate.

Yeah the dealer actually told me that a credit union was the best choice for the interest rate because the can't bet them right now

Here is what I did when I bought my Trac. Went through Capital One, got a blank check. Wrote that check to Ford and received 3500 cash back which I applied to my down payment. Paid apprx 24K including tax and fees for my loaded 4x4 XLT. Turned around and paid off the Capital One with my Equity Line of credit on my house. Have the title to the ST. The interest is tax deductible on the Equity line. ST is free and clear and the Equity is now zero balance.

Latest posts