Finally, nice pics of my baby!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brandon mena

Reaction score
Finally got a camera, now for the progress so far. I have older pics in my library if you want to see the transformation over time. :)

My 01 Job 1

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Thanks guys! :D Here's some of the things I've done to it.

2001 Explorer Sport Trac Job 1 Mandarin Gold

Mods:

Suspension- 7" Lift, Extended Torsion Bolts, Spindle Lft, SOA, Pro Comp ES9000 Shocks

Performance- SCT-2 XCAL 93 Oct. Tune, JBA Powercables, Custom Catless Y-Pipe, Flowmaster Delta 40 Dual-Outlet, Air Intake Kit, Optima Red Top, and Synthetic Everything

Exterior- Billet Grill, Painted Cladding, Chrome Emblems, Bully Side-Steps, Custom Light Rack, Bushwacker Fender Flares, S.S. Exhaust Tips, 35"x12.5"x15" tires on 15"x10" wheels, 2" rear wheel spacers

Looks VERY NICE! Methinks some black headlights and black altezza tails would look sweet. Oh, and debadge those emblems. :D Looks great!

Yeah, I agree. The lights do need to go. I debadged the back and it came out so-so. Put off the sides and never got back around to it. I just kinda like it when people look at it and then they see Explorer with kind of a "WTF?!" expression, lol. :p

Lookin' GOOD, Brandon!! Really good. Removing the big whatever it was sticker on the side is also a BIG plus. :cool::cool::cool:

Your support is amazing everyone, thank you!

Updated my profile, yes the graphics look a little better in the trash, lol.

No body lift, just a spindle lift and some ridiculously long torsion bolts cranked to the max.

Cost is hard to determine. I did everything except some welding myself. What I couldn'

t do the exhaust shop did. I have always been proud to say that my vehicles are almost entirely worked on by myself. It took lots of time and patience but i am very pleased with the outcome.:)

I went with the Fabtech Ranger EDGE kit. I bought rotors for a regular 01 Explorer 2wd. They were 11.25" and fit perfectly. You need to bend the hardline for the brakes a bit so it can reach properly, the abs sensor kinda has to sit in the spindle snugly because there's no threads for it's original screw, and you may have to notch the control arm or spindle slightly to fix your steering radius and bumpstops. Other than that it is fairly basic remove and replace step by step. Good Luck! :)