Finally got a smart phone...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Maurer 2

Reaction score
I had resisted the Iphone craze that has gotten my wife and all my friends, mainly because I didn't want to pay the $200 for phone and $30/month for data plan and the Apple cult freaks me out a bit. My last Razr V3 got a fatal stuck key on Black Friday, I saw a free upgrade deal at Radio Shack for a Samsung Captivate(Android) so I took the plunge. Ten minutes later my left rear tire tread separated, losing air slowly. I whipped out the phone, used the browser to find four tire stores nearby and made an urgent appt. at the place which had an online coupon. Limped there using the GPS and was done in 30 minutes. I'm a convert!

That sounds like the making of a proper country song. Now aren't you glad you became a "technoweenie" like the rest of us? Glad it all worked out, its amazing how dependent we are of those electronic devices. Bob

PS: I use a Motorola Backflip(android) its does almost anything you could want.

That sounds like the making of a proper country song

That's not the makings of a proper country song. Too many parts of his story turn out OK and he didn't get drunk and cheat on his wife.

BlackBerry Bold 9650 smartphone non-camera Sprint

f34b1fe6ac2a28e4913770c4f3713e3e.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I just went back to my Blackberry Tour after trying a new Droid Incredibile. Major pros and cons:

Pro:

Fantastic browser

Great Apps

large screen

Nice size

Cons:

Pi** poor battery life

Would drop my Bluetooth in car (randomly)

Lost connection to Exchange Server at work

In the end, the cons were too much so I went back to my Tour (9630)

I've been using a BlackBerry Style 9670 for about a week after running my BlackBerry Curve 8350 through the clothes washer. I've been pretty impressed- mainly with the 6.0 OS. If I had to do it over again, I would probably go to the BlackBerry Bold 9650. Probably about equal in capability, but the form is better for typing.

Aloha,

What do you guys think about the Blackberry Storm 2? I like it but haven't done much other than push e mail.

I am selling my Storm 1 cheep, $80. if anyone is interested.

God bless Merry Christmas Ed

from my experience, sprint/nextel phone coverage sucks. direct connect is awesome.

had to go back to verizon for my b-berry.

"If I could find an affordable Smart Phone WITHOUT a camera I would get one."

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
No Sprint for me. Coverage is aweful. Going that route, I would just go without a phone.

Tom

Latest posts