Final mods after body lift.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad Merry

Reaction score
I completed the final mods to my hitch and brush guard so they now fit the ST after the body lift. I only cut out a 2.5" section of the hitch, mounting frame. Luckily I did that, if I had cut 3" out to match the lift blocks, it would not have fit.

Chad

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great! What size tires are you running? Also, did you change your gears with the new tires? I'm running 33's with 4.10's and my ST is pretty sluggish and the fuel economy in city driving is horrible..

Sean, did you recalibrate your speedometer?

If not, you are registering less miles than actually travelled.

Chad, your not "done", the mod bug is always there !!.... LOL

I see that tiny OEM rear sway bar there... LOL :lol::lol:

Looks good Man, Nice job !!!

Todd Z

It is just not as simple as adding a % ......

Yes that is the basic and easy way to do it...

The ST computer shifts the transmission using RPMS and MPH.... BY you changing tires and not calibrating corretly you can be loosing MPG beceause the transmission is shifting at different miles and RPMS it is not calibrated for, thus throwing the MPG off...EVEN if you correct by the % method..

Todd Z

Todd, are you saying the XCal doesn't correct it the right way, or are you referring to just adding the % factor when doing the calculations?

Dan, If you correct with the Xcal using the right gear ratio and the right revs per mile, then your good to go...

I am saying the people that simply use the % method may not be 100% correct..

Todd Z

Thanks for the props everyone.

I need to recalibrate my speedo again, I put the revs/mile @ 596 using the XCAL, but now when I am cruising down the highway my speedo says 75 and I am in the slow lane getting passed like I am sitting still:unsure:

I wish I knew how to adjust the various shift points using the XCAL, it does not shift like it used to since adding the new tires.

Forgot my other mod:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
The shift points will change once you correct the tire size. They're based on vehicle speed and throttle input, and since the tire size is wrong, the speed is off.

Looks really good. If you ever get to drive to the North West, we should definetly meet up for a while.

I appreciate the work you have put into your truck. Custom work takes craft and having craft means you love what you are doing.

Latest posts