FIAT OWNERS?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Grimes01

Reaction score
any fiat owners on here? just bought one. pick it up tomorrow.

1960 fiat biachina-suicide doors-targa top.-2 cylinder engine (WOW) 21 hp.:banana:

Greg, 2 more horsepower with a cai and flowmaster..:rofl:

I will hae to come over and see it...

I had a 4 dr Mirifiori, fun little car...right up to when the cat. conv. seized up, got so hot it was the same color red as the car!

Sorry Jacob, I don't have any pics of it

I never owned a Fiat, but I had an opportunity to drive a Fiat Dino at 140 MPH on the German Autobahn back in 1968.

The Fiat Dino resulted from a deal between Fiat and Farrarri. Enzo Farrarri built a special V6 engine and cheaper (if you can imaging a cheaper Farrarri?) Farrarri sports car named after his son Dino back about 1965-1967 era. The car did not do well with Farrarri buyers but Enzo scruck up a deal with Fiat to put the Dino V6 engines in a new Fiat sports car design.

The Fiat Dino design was similar to a cross between a Datsun 240Z and a smaller version of the Ford Pantera. I don't believe the car was ever produced for import to the US, but there were quite a few in Germany and other parts of Europe.

I knew an Army Colonel who had one and needed someone to take the car to Bremerhaven, Germany to have the car shipped back to the US, which I gladly volunteered since I need to go up and pick up my 1965 GTO that had recently arrived from the states.

I am not a big fan of Fiat bodies, but that engine was really sweet and really pushed that car down the Autobahn in a big hurry. A really fun car to drive.

...Rich