Feel that?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Wacyra

Reaction score
A magnitude 5.9 earthquake rumbled through the D.C. metro area. Epicenter is being reported in Mineral, VA. Felt up and down the east coast and out to Michigan. 2012?

I live in Texas, andI did not feel a thing !! But a 5.9 is not a small quake. I was in San Franciso in 1988 when they had a 5.2 centered around San Jose, CA. I was at a reception on the 32nd floor of the St. Francis Hotel on Union Square when things started to shake. Nobody paniced, but we sure left the building in a hurry..:grin:

Reports were that some windows were broken, and an elderly lady was trampled to death in a grocery store when can goods started falling off the shelves and people headed for the exits.

...Rich

I sure did - Souderton Pennsylvania here - I have no house phone - both work and personal cell phones (different carriers) both not working as well. but the ST is ok. Hope everyone else out there is too.

A former classmate of mine posted on Facebook that the earthquake was our Founding Fathers rolling over in their collective graves! :bwahaha:

I am 20 miles from Mineral in Charlottesville, VA. I felt it and heard the office building rumble as it shook. Lasted a good 20 seconds before it stopped.

No damage at my house but in the immediate area, chimneys fallen and some structural damage to homes.

You know you are old when you actually know what an E-ticket was. LOL

Didn't feel a thing. Oh, wait. I am on the left coast. Of course I didn't feel it.

feel what?

long isle

was out of the bldg felt nothing. when i returned almost everyone felt it and very very minor.

I really miss those mornings in San Diego when I got tossed out of bed.(not of my own doing) Everybody who felt it here in NJ was freakin' out. Big deal. Bob

PS: Hurricane down South, earthquke in the East. Whats next? Locusts?

What's next seems to be the Hurricane coming up to the east this weekend. Not fun.

The earthquake actually was pretty fun though here in MD, it was a unique way to be woken up from the nap I was taking :grin:

I read an article on it yesterday and they said that because the bedrock is pretty solid on the East Coast, the smaller magnitude quakes can be felt over a larger area (10x) then the west coast where there's lots of faults to break it up.

Oooh, oooh, who posted that a previously unknown line was found that was responsible for the quake? Its Bush's fault! :bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha: