Favorite Sport Trac Options/Features

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bill and LilRed, When I got my 07 ST a few months ago, it was an option. Maybe only in the 07 model year. I assume you're referring to the 08 model as standard.

In any case, it's a beautiful thing!

Best: Rear window - main reason we bought the Trac

Worst: No lights on visor mirror

Last edited by a moderator:
I happen to like the bed extender and find it very handy.

I really like the versatility of the vehicle in general.

It would be nice if gas mileage was better but you can't have your cake and eat it too!

I have an 01 4x4 ST and love everything that is on it, but would love to have an 08. So I'll base mine on the new ST.

Best: In dash GPS system. Also the rear DVD entertainment system. I have them strapped on the headrests in my 01 and this is a must, since I our 8 year old grandson lives with us.

Absolutely the Worst: This is not an option, but I think this is the worst, is having the gas fill on the passenger side and not on the drivers side. Even so I'd still buy a new ST if could.

One option I would love to see, is the movable type running boards similar to whats on the Navigator. You don't see the running boards till you open the door, then they pop down and out. I have seen where you can order them as after market from different parts stores. The running boards are great getting in and out of the ST, but at times they do get in the way. It would be great to have hidden running boards that pop out and down when you open the door.

Best- V8 & rear window

Worst for me- '07 doesn't have the flip down panels behind rear seats like first gens to make one even surface- not dog friendly. I had to make foam blocks to fill the gaps to keep dogs from falling in.

Mixed- bed extender & hard cover- heavy for one person to manhandle. Had soft full tilt on my '02, easy to remove and lightweight. If you bought something large on a whim just roll it up....

Based on my '05....

BEST

Comfy seats

Sliding rear window

Composite bed

WORST

No manual tranny

Lousy mpg

OE shocks

Latest posts