Favorite Sport Trac Options/Features

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all

What are your favorite options/features to order in a Sport Trac? Which of the available options and features do you like the best or think are the most useful? Which options do you think are a waste of money?

Thanks!

Like the best - being able to put up the windows after turning off the engine.

Like the worst - having to grab your spouse before she opens the door preventing you from putting up the windows

Waste of Money - any stock radio option

Best option - power back window (also, I agree with Bill V - LOVE the tonneau cover)

Best standard equipment feature - Trip computer with compass.

Best - Tonneau cover

Worst - I would have to go with a bed extender, mine just sit in the basement till my lease ends. Depends on what you use your vehicle for, I can see how it would be useful for some people.

Power back window is the only thing I could not do without. Used to be standard but Ford moved it to the option list to squeeze more money out of it's customers.

The Tonneau cover is the way--if it isn't needed, just man-handle it off (the cover says 2 ppl required, but I don't have that luxury most often, and I still get it done). The bed extender is nice, and if you really don't need it at a certain time, just pop it off and throw it on the folded down back seats :)

The power window is essential...the power rear window is what makes the Sport Trac the awesome vehicle that it is. Without it, you just have a topless explorer, which is just lame.

The sunroof is a really nice option--it has so many uses, almost as good as the rear window.

I didn't get a trip computer because they didn't exist in 02 for the ST--all I got was the compass and thermometer...but those are awesome features, and if you can get a trip computer on top of that, you won't be disappointed if you do.

Running boards have their uses as well, but I could see going without them. Since the new ST doesn't come with a bumper hitch, and you can't add a better hitch, I'd say that the class III man hitch is a good option, if not you will never really be able to tow anything worthwhile. (Tis better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it)

My lengthy 2 cents.

Best - Tonneau cover, back window

Worst - hmmm, I'll have to think about that...

Best: (aftermarket) When ZABTECK starts Producing for the Factory.

Best Stock: Power on ALL widows not just back

Worste: Unsure..

Best: V8, Rear power window, sunroof and tonneau cover

Worst: Ford Navigation System (aftermarket is less expensive with more features/functionality

Most Needed Option: Memory package (memory seats/side view mirrors) :(

Just Jimmy et al--Is the power back window now an "option"? I thought it was standard (except for those who got one shortly after the design change, when it wasn't available at all).

V8 - Makes it a whole other vehicle.

I have the radio controls on the steering wheel which I thought would be great BUT...the 08 center dashboard comes out much farther than my old 04. You dont need to lean forward at all to reach the radio. I find it more awkward using the steering wheel controls. (I dont remember what else was in that package but its no big whoop).

I entered this comment yesterday if you didnt see it...

I just bought an 08 Limited, my 04 had the 6 cd player and I opted to cut corners and get the single cd. What I found was that buying an ipod ($180), 1/3 the cost of the 6 cd option ($600) was a much better way to go.

This thing holds 1000 songs where the 6 cd holds maybe 80-100.

I bought a little leather pouch that holds the ipod and cord and velcro'd it just in front of the usb port in the center console. Works great.

Just a thought for anyone contemplating a new vehicle.