Father/Son pics - 07ST's (orange & red)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pat Freeman

Reaction score
I visited my dad today in PA and snapped these pics of our 07STs:

6778cb9b56b633dc4f16e545851997d5.jpg

bf2ba076faefbc1fef4275d639764227.jpg

49d5a876bb162ae8100d746da7135839.jpg

14f32c52f76f7c3eb66e3d6540fd5c4a.jpg

97d95f2032972d17679016db2242185b.jpg

I went to the dealer today. Its funny when they don't have what you want they try yo sell you what they have. When I am spending $ 28,000 I want what I want not what they have. Still looking for a V8 limited ORANGE. YoUR trucks are beautiful enjoy

Thanks guys. Dad certainly has to follow in my footsteps! He didn't waste any time getting Vent Shades.

I got to drive his Job 2 to the point where we took the photos and noticed that the Fuel and Water Temp guages had a white face. On my Job 1, the RPM and Speedo are white faced, but the Fuel and Temp guages are black faced.

Also, the Job 2 door require VERY LITTLE effort to shut. My Job 1 doors, you have to retry shutting the door several times. This has nothing to do with the door pull - as you have the same problem shutting it from the outside.

In addition, the limited edition spare tire in the Job 2 is a 17" wheel with a Goodyear on it. My Job 1 has an 18" wheel with a Michelin on it, just like the 4 on the road. Maybe there that is a cost-saving idea.

Looks great! I wish I had the white faces water/fuel gauges. That sucker is hard to see sometimes! That is all I would change on my Job1 if it were easy, but I know it isn't. How does the 17" spare work with his 18's?? Does it use a taller tire?? Does his motor sound like your first one that you had replaced??

The 17" spare has bigger a bigger diameter tire on it so that it is just like running a full-size spare. I guess the 17" wheel/tire was cheaper than the 18".

His engine sounds like my first V8 on start. It knocks when you first start it like it's starved for oil. I noticed that when starting it. My second V8 probably did that too until I programmed it for 93 octane with the Xcal2. His V8 does not knock at all after running, like my first V8 did!

:D

Magnaflow on order, to arrive Oct 17. He's talking about going duals through a custom shop. :D

Thanks for all the kind words!

Last edited by a moderator:
You have a rare color there. I live in south Florida and have not seen an orange sport trac around here. Also went to 4 dealers none on the lots. Looking for a limited V8 2 wheel drve but I won't be ready till chrismas. Maybe by then there will be a couple. Ford does not show the color orange as a choice on their web sight yet

Pat........

"Also, the Job 2 door require VERY LITTLE effort to shut. My Job 1 doors, you have to retry shutting the door several times. This has nothing to do with the door pull - as you have the same problem shutting it from the outside. "

I notice on our "07 Job 1 that it is so tight it's hard to close the doors. (and not due to the rediculous inside handles)

Does your Dad's Job 2 have a sliding rear window? Our '01 Job 2 with the SRW is easy to close when all closed up. Just wonder if there isn't some way for the air to escape around there.

ss

buzzworth - I actually had the chance to interface with one of the Ford engineers on this and they informed me that there was a change to the door seals. I think it was a material change because the seals look the same. Even with the windows down, the door will not shut as easy as the Job 2 with the windows up. My dad does have the power down rear window, but I don't think that's allowing air out.

Latest posts