Failed door keypad

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alan Geist

Reaction score
A few weeks ago, my 2001 driver's door exterior keypad simply stopped working -- won't lock/unlock the doors, won't light up, nothing. It's like a fuse blew or it came unplugged.

I couldn't find a fuse labeled for the keypad in the owner's manual. I tried several that sounded like they might have something to do with it, but to no avail. Has anyone else figured out which fuse it is?

Also, if this has happened to anyone else, I'd appreciate some advice. Is there a harness or plug somewhere I should check?

Thanks.

I've never heard of it before. Can you remove the drivers side door panel and shine a light up in there to see that a wire didn't come loose or something?? Check the connection in the drivers door (up near the hinge) to make sure it is making good contact. All other stuff works, right?? (all windows, door locks, etc...)

Ummmmm mine didn't have a fuse or any wires - it was just a stick on number pad that sent out radio type signals to open the door similar to the little key fob thingy. Have you checked the battery?

I believe thumperjb is correct...those run off of a radio signal type,,I think FM signal,,,,,,,I would also like to know where the battery is located, for future reference,,,,,,,,Mark

Driver's side is not a stick on. Mine's a 2001 and I've never had a problem, and I would think a battery would have gone bad after 6 years. Only ones that are stick ons are the ones that are on the passenger door, if you have one, as it's an aftermarket accessory.

Muth sells the aftermarket one that are RF controlled, and even Ford aftermarket ones are the stick on type that use a battery, but I believe that the factory installed ones are hard wired..

THe factory ones are hard wired. You may have to pull the panel to make sure that the plug did't come loose.

Y'all have a good one

Bob

How do you get the keypad off? Mine is factory installed and I tried prying it with a flat head screw driver but there is alot of resistance and I am afraid of breaking it or scratching the car.

The actual numbers seem to have come apart from the housing and are stuck in deep in the door.

Thanks guys.

Does anyone know how to access the factory installed remote door entry panel? The buttons pushed through on our '02.

Thanks

why can't they make things easier than that :p guess I'll take it in for warranty work (I better get a damn loaner is all I have to say)

Latest posts